Hi all, just wondering if my phone is deactivated and then the OSis upgraded to .75 if the phone is no longer unlocked. I called and activated the replacement phone, unlocked it, then switched back to my old phone since im going back to the curve.

Once i switched back to the curve i upgraded the os on the storm and started it back up. I have no ATT or Tmobile sim card to check the phone or else i would. But when i go back into the unlock menu and type my code that the csr gave me, it says "code error, please wait"

Sorry but i am selling the phone i cant stand typing on it, i like the curve alot better... im a heavy texter.

any help is appreciated
    12-08-08 12:59 PM
    Yes, it is still unlocked even with the OS upgrade
    12-08-08 01:18 PM
    Thanks! i appreciate the quick response.

Now time to sell the phone unfortunately... i wanted to love it, just couldnt after 2 weeks of use.

back to the curve
    12-08-08 01:25 PM
    how did you unlock it then do esn switch. people have reported that you cant do esn switch when the phone is unlocked?
    12-08-08 01:29 PM
    i called and said that i needed the phone unlocked for overseas, they activated it then gave me the unlock code.

I called 10 min later and said that i forgot i have no numbers or anything and i wanted to activate my old phone again for now until i send it back tomorrow or the next day. They said okay and did it for me.

I then proceeded to upgrade my os on the new replacement phone and wanted to test its unlocked before i sold it.
    12-08-08 01:42 PM
    oh hmm im still confused as how you got your old phone activated while the storm was unlocked, when other peple had no luck,
    12-08-08 02:12 PM
    Theres no way for Verizon to know if its unlocked by giving them the MEID number
    12-08-08 02:30 PM
    nice cuz i got mine unlocked and my friend wants to buy it so i gotta find a phone to switch to , thats why i wsa wondering bout esn. but yeah updating the OS will that be affected being unlocked
    12-08-08 02:33 PM
    like either OTA or through DM
    12-08-08 02:37 PM
    Again no. Once its unlocked, its unlocked for good. A software update such as OS will not overwrite it.
    12-08-08 02:39 PM
    oh ok i def skippped the 2nd post im sorry, but thanks again for clarifying,
    12-08-08 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD