just seeing all thats goin on in the threads about leaks getting plugged and all..... so .90 was the last leak?? just wonderin if now we gotta wait for the official which isnt bad cause its obviously official and not a leak but wut can we do
    01-31-09 11:33 PM
    just seeing all thats goin on in the threads about leaks getting plugged and all..... so .90 was the last leak?? just wonderin if now we gotta wait for the official which isnt bad cause its obviously official and not a leak but wut can we do
    Nothing. If they want to stop the leaks they can.
    01-31-09 11:37 PM
    Kevin states on the other thread that we should be looking forward to one of his thread soon, so im guessing there is going be a os leak from him.
    01-31-09 11:39 PM
    No. Leaks are inevitable, and frankly a lot of people here are talking out of their @ss. For all we know the comments Crucial made about leaks being "plugged" were years ago. Not the comments, but the "pluggings". They could have been well BEFORE .90 was released, even before the Storm was released, or people who were releasing leaked builds for other devices.

You just need to find something, besides a cell phone, to spend your time on.
    01-31-09 11:39 PM
    that would be cool if he did but beggers cant be choosers not that were begging but yeah if he does he does if not oh well
    01-31-09 11:41 PM
    +10 bigman2
    01-31-09 11:41 PM
    ...I have been thinking the same thing.

If we think about it, how does Kevin and crackberry.com create revenue? That is by advertising and sales. The more visitors to this site, the greater value the advertising dollar has. To watch the Storm Threads alone is proof that there has been a drastic increase in visitors and members which translates to more money for the site. Does CB really want for the leaks to stop? If I was in the position of Kevin, I would be shouting a resounding #E!! NO.

However this may not be the feelings of the moderators, especially if they are beta testers for RIM, and if they take their commitment and contract seriously.

We are not entitled to leaked OS's, however they do have benefits for CB and us as device owners. As for CX and what he is being accused of, lay off. IF he (or someone else) did stop a leak he did so for moral and ethical reasons (for which he was completely justified)
    01-31-09 11:43 PM

ur prob right about that i mean i did just fine when i didnt have a cell phone
    01-31-09 11:44 PM
    Madphone...

+50. Great post.
    01-31-09 11:45 PM
    Kevin states on the other thread that we should be looking forward to one of his thread soon, so im guessing there is going be a os leak from him.
    Before this post gets this thread all out of hand, Kevin did not say he was posting a leak, just that he was going to post a new thread. May be a leak, may be something concerning the crazyness that has been in the storm forums.
    01-31-09 11:46 PM
    Actually I don't think that was what he was referring to. I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    01-31-09 11:49 PM
    so nothin really to worry about then too many wheels on the machine spinning to stop the leaks? its a help for rim that some os are leaked?
    01-31-09 11:50 PM
    crackberry is not the only bb site on the net, if crackberry stops posting leaks and plug them, they will quickly lose their dominance in the bb forums market. i doubt they want that.
    01-31-09 11:51 PM
    No. Leaks are inevitable, and frankly a lot of people here are talking out of their @ss. For all we know the comments Crucial made about leaks being "plugged" were years ago. Not the comments, but the "pluggings". They could have been well BEFORE .90 was released, even before the Storm was released, or people who were releasing leaked builds for other devices.

Dude, don't defend him. He made a mistake. Not saying he should be crucified for it, just saying he shouldn't have said it. CX is human to, I know it seems like he knows so much he can't be, but he is. He was a match to a firecracker tonight.
    01-31-09 11:52 PM
    hope its a leak but most likely not, just have to wait that much longer
    01-31-09 11:52 PM
    IMO, I think RIM wants the leaks. It's not official so they are not liable for anything that may happen to your device. The reason I think they like the leaks is...all of a sudden they have thousands of testers posting issues and problems with a specific build. Think how long it would take if they only used internal testers to find all the bugs. LEAKS= FREE TESTERS!!

So, yes I think "leaks" will still continue to pop up.
    01-31-09 11:58 PM
    yeah that does make sense get things done faster and prob save some money in the process by testing the os first hand with the consumer
    02-01-09 12:02 AM
    IMO, I think RIM wants the leaks. It's not official so they are not liable for anything that may happen to your device. The reason I think they like the leaks is...all of a sudden they have thousands of testers posting issues and problems with a specific build. Think how long it would take if they only used internal testers to find all the bugs. LEAKS= FREE TESTERS!!

So, yes I think "leaks" will still continue to pop up.
    I don't think thats it because if RIM really doesn't want leaks to occur you don't see people emailing them saying
    "Hey got .90 here, here's my pin and name and carrier since you wanted to know".

To VZW and maybe others, from another post, it will VOID your warranty if they find out you have run leaked OS.

So i'm not sure but you may be on to something, don't get me wrong.
    02-01-09 12:08 AM
    LET ME CLEAR THIS UP!!!!

If you bring your phone in to get replaced and the rep checks the OS and its a leaked version then yes you are hit. All you have to do is downgrade back to .75 and if problems still arise then bring it in and your golden.

Techs at Verizon, if they do even bother to check, will see the .75 and go from there.

To be honest with you 95% of the techs don't check the OS nor do they even know enough about to storm to know there is a few leaked versions out
    02-01-09 12:11 AM
    LET ME CLEAR THIS UP!!!!

If you bring your phone in to get replaced and the rep checks the OS and its a leaked version then yes you are hit. All you have to do is downgrade back to .75 and if problems still arise then bring it in and your golden.

Techs at Verizon, if they do even bother to check, will see the .75 and go from there.

To be honest with you 95% of the techs don't check the OS nor do they even know enough about to storm to know there is a few leaked versions out
    On that 5% then with a leaked OS you give back then... what happens then? It's just a big V.O.I.D and they'll take you back home.
    Yes you can bring it back to .75 Official but if anything logs that you were on a beta (which no one really knows) and they really go intensive with it then your pretty much ruined there.
    02-01-09 12:17 AM
    The OS leaks definitely won't stop. Just in the primary concerns for CB's coffers, RIM's chance for free bug reports & testers, and the nature of contemporary leakers who like to leak stuff.
    :P
    02-01-09 12:22 AM
    lol....there is no way, i would bet my life on it, that any Flextronics rep in a vzw store looks at the OS or can go through logs. and as in voiding phones i bet all they would do is tell you we can't service this and then not bother to remark the account
    02-01-09 12:23 AM
    On that 5% then with a leaked OS you give back then... what happens then? It's just a big V.O.I.D and they'll take you back home.
    Yes you can bring it back to .75 Official but if anything logs that you were on a beta (which no one really knows) and they really go intensive with it then your pretty much ruined there.
    Just wipe the device entirely and tell them you did it to protect your personal information and there is nothing they can do about it in the information age such as it is. As long as there is no physical damage; people do that with computers all the time.
    02-01-09 12:24 AM
    Just wipe the device entirely and tell them you did it to protect your personal information and there is nothing they can do about it in the information age such as it is. As long as there is no physical damage; people do that with computers all the time.
    exactly what i meant
    02-01-09 12:25 AM
    Yes, but there are people out there who won't think that and go in with .90, lol.
    02-01-09 12:28 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD