Media or System memory? Does it make a difference?
    01-19-09 09:35 AM
    Media or System memory? Does it make a difference?
    I don't think it matters. I have mine on my media card inside a folder I created within the pictures folder called "Wallpapers". Everything works just fine.
    01-19-09 09:40 AM
    I saw another post on here that said to keep the home screen images on your phone instead of your media card. That way when the phone switches between portrait or landscape, the phone will find the image right away, instead of searching for it if it was on the media card. I tried it and it actually does seem to help.
    01-19-09 09:44 AM
    Thanks!
    01-19-09 09:56 AM
    Being you have 1gb of onboard memory why not store files that the phone commonly accesses on the onboard memory. I'd be willing to bet the phone can access onboad memory faster than the SD card. does that mean it will transfer into real world speed? who knows.

seems like good practice to me for any type of device. Put commonly used files on the fastest form of mem access.

As another poster stated there have been some people that have posted that moving ringtones and images to the onboard memory have made the device quicker or prevented certian errors.

In the end the phone doesn't (or is not supposed) to care where the file is stored.
    01-19-09 10:11 AM
    Because the memory on the phone is more like a hard drive, accessing it should theoretically be faster than accessing a media car...
    01-19-09 10:20 AM
    i have a pic stored on the phone but when i switch it from portrait to landscape my pic disappears and a blue screen appears. then the pic comes back when the phone goes to protrait again.
    01-19-09 01:24 PM
    i have a pic stored on the phone but when i switch it from portrait to landscape my pic disappears and a blue screen appears. then the pic comes back when the phone goes to protrait again.
    That's how it works. For some reason there is no wallpaper in landscape.
    01-19-09 01:28 PM
    On the phone works a lot better. The phone will switch between landscape and portrait faster.
    01-19-09 01:33 PM
    On the phone works a lot better. The phone will switch between landscape and portrait faster.
    I just copied my background pic from my media card to my device memory and switching from landscape to portrait does seem a bit faster. Anyone else want to try and see if I'm seeing a difference in speed just because I want to or if its really happening?
    01-19-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD