When I click the blackberry button and I highlight something, lets say games for instance, without clicking the option for games, instead I click another part of the screen and the application for games opens up because I had it highlighted.

Happen to anyone else? And if so is this a software problem or hardware? I still have the original OS, if that helps.

Thanks.
    03-16-09 01:34 AM
    Its not a software or hardware 'problem' but rather how the Storm is build. The Surepress button selects what's highlighted at the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 01:44 AM
    Its not a software or hardware 'problem' but rather how the Storm is build. The Surepress button selects what's highlighted at the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Even if you click another part of the screen?

Is this unfixable? I mean it didnt give me this problem when I first got it.
    03-16-09 01:47 AM
    I am running a hybrid and when i try what you say it just closes the popup menu. U running .65 or .75? And what is taking you so long to upgrade.

If u want to i would recommend .109 if your not computer literate. or a hybrid if you know your way around a computer.

BC .75 is junk.
    03-16-09 01:53 AM
    I am running a hybrid and when i try what you say it just closes the popup menu. U running .65 or .75? And what is taking you so long to upgrade.

If u want to i would recommend .109 if your not computer literate. or a hybrid if you know your way around a computer.

BC .75 is junk.
    Im running .75, and yeah I agree its really bad.

The only reason I didnt upgrade is because I want to wait for an official release.
    03-16-09 01:56 AM
    It is how the storm opperates. If you have somethin highlighted and manage to click the screen elsewhere without first causing that item to be deselected it will open it up. It happens sometimes with me but very rarely.

The easiest example of this is in the main menu screen with all the icons if u have something selected and click at the top of the screen near the top where there is nothing to physically select and click the screen it will open whatever you have highlighted because it only senses that the said item(games) has been selected and the screen clicked. If you make sure movements with your fingers and make sure what u want top open up is highlighted you will have no isssues
    Last edited by Yelkao; 03-16-09 at 02:03 AM.
    03-16-09 02:00 AM

BC .75 is junk.
    Here is a perfect example of "what is taking me so long to upgrade". This person was talking about app memory being very low. I have nothing against leaks, they may be great for some people, just not me.
    I've seen this too since upgrading to .114. It's the OS (I close apps when I am not using them) and when this happens even quick pull does not work since it can't write to the device, and a battery pulll is the only way to get around it. Tomorrow I am either reverting to .109 or trying that hybrid everyone is so ga ga over.
    03-16-09 02:53 AM
    umm memory leaks i get anyway even with .75 and no ive never had this problem but i think i had .75 for what 2 days and upgraded my os so go with that idea if you want and for people waiting its pointless try **** out if anything go with .109
    03-16-09 03:07 AM
    My only OS change was recently from the original to .109 which I like and have had no real issues. I read the steps several times and opened multiple windows to have the photo guide open also (I need to take these extra precautions since I am not great on the newer technology issues). No regrets with the upgrade.
    03-16-09 03:38 AM
    +1 for .109. Definitely very stable and fast. Also do the memory clean and clear event log.
    03-16-09 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD