i was on the garmin website and i am thinking about making the purchase to get away from vz navigator. my question is will verizon allow it? i seen on the garmin website where it says certain carriers will block the services. i am wandering if verizon is one of them..... it sounds like something they would do. thanks for the help!

mike
    05-23-09 05:27 AM
    Hi!
    I have Verizon and downloaded Garmin. It works great on the phone and I've had no problems with it. Hope you enjoy it if you decide to get it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 06:01 AM
    Google maps works well, even though its not as full featured as Garmin, but its free. The GPS is not locked on the Storm, so any GPS app will work.

05-23-09 06:51 AM
    I prefer Telenav but Garmin works and has lots of supporters too. Telenav has a great phone-in feature that downloads an address to you phone when you don't know it beforehand.

05-23-09 10:39 AM
    how are you guys getting garmin to even download? the storm is listed on thier not supported devices so therefor I cant get it to download using my BB Browser?
    05-23-09 10:46 AM
    how are you guys getting garmin to even download? the storm is listed on thier not supported devices so therefor I cant get it to download using my BB Browser?
    I love the Garmin App, works just like our $400 nav system for $79 bucks.
    05-23-09 11:02 AM
    i was on the garmin website and i am thinking about making the purchase to get away from vz navigator. my question is will verizon allow it? i seen on the garmin website where it says certain carriers will block the services. i am wandering if verizon is one of them..... it sounds like something they would do. thanks for the help!

mike
    Since the GPS of the storm is not locked, you can use any GPS app that you want on the device. I haven't used garmin on my storm but have seen it in action on a co-workers bold and it worked flawless. If you choose to get garmin, make sure to use the BB Owner's Lounge link to get 20% off of the total price.

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry

05-23-09 11:04 AM
    The storm is listed as a supported device on the garmin website. You can see this from the compared features list.

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry Compatible Features

05-23-09 11:05 AM
    is it a download or do they ship this on a micro SD card like the other mobile ones?
    05-23-09 11:24 AM
    is it a download or do they ship this on a micro SD card like the other mobile ones?
    It is a download. They will provide you with an OTA link and registration code after completing your purchase.

05-23-09 11:40 AM
    It's a download! And definitely check out the blackberry lounge for the discount as was mentioned earlier. Brings the price from $99 to $79! It's a great app if you need a full featured GPS. Works like my TomTom!
    05-23-09 11:42 AM
    thanks for the quick answers
    05-23-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD