I just downloaded Voxofon on my storm. The application looks great and promising but it just seems too CHEAP ! only 0.017USD to call Brazil.

So my first question is has anyone out there had any experiences with Voxofon and how was it ?

Also when i use Voxofon will Verizon still charge me for my minutes. Not international but as a regular phone call. I just want to know because if i am going to spend 1Hour on the phone with Brazil and they will charge me minutes used I'll be sure to do after 9 or on weekends.
    03-30-09 11:59 PM
    We are very glad you liked Voxofon service

If you have any questions requiring a quick response please contact our support service at support AT voxofon DOT com.

When you make a call through Voxofon, the app sends a short signal (a few KB of data) via the internet connection on your phone and then calls the nearest access number.

If you have an unlimited plan this call will be under your plan and will be free. Some carriers allow you to have favorite numbers that you can call for free - just add the access number to your favorites. If none of the options above apply to you, the call will use your minutes.

The international part of the call is paid from the Voxofon account. When you sign up you get $0.50 to test the services. This gives you many minutes to many destinations
    04-06-09 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD