I called to see if there was any update on my order, ended up speaking to a Supervisor about my order. I ordered on Friday at 9 am central time.This guy is telling me if we didn't get our orders yesturday, it will be after the 5th before they get more! He flat told me they won't have ANY storms untill the 5th of December!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He says the before 2pm, after 2pm schedule is null, and void!! Anyone else been told this? I am hacked! I just want to know what is ACTUALLY going to happen! I've been told that it wold ship out tomorrow, and id get it the 25, or 26th till now. Any Verizon folks have any solid delivery times?
    Last edited by 04redgto; 11-23-08 at 03:03 PM.
    11-23-08 02:43 PM
    Bong-Water........any input on this?
    11-23-08 03:02 PM
    I just read some tea leaves and it said 12/5/08.

Seriously, what are we supposed to say?
    11-23-08 03:04 PM
    Phones ordered before 2PM this past Friday are getting shipped by 11/25. Phones ordered after 2PM are getting shipped on 12/5
    11-23-08 03:08 PM
    Phones ordered before 2PM this past Friday are getting shipped by 11/25. Phones ordered after 2PM are getting shipped on 12/5
    Are u with Verizon? This is what I thought also, but the supervisor I spoke to said this is null and void......said there are know Storms till the 5th....I hope he is wrong.
    11-23-08 03:13 PM
    Not true.

Placed online order Friday 11.21.2008 at 18:00 hours EST.

Storm just shipped today. The whole december 5th thing is not true.

Ship date Nov 23, 2008
    Estimated delivery Nov 25, 2008 by 3:00 PM

Service type Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required

Status Picked up

Date/Time Location

Nov 23, 2008 WEST CHESTER, PA
    11-23-08 03:16 PM
    Not true.

Ship date Nov 23, 2008

Status Picked up

Date/Time Location

So u ordered at 5pm central time on friday.....roughly 8 hours after mine, and u have a tracking number? Are they just picking, and choosing at random?
    11-23-08 03:20 PM
    Could be true for the east coast. That day the east coast POS system crashed. I called CS today and the person still said Dec. 5th arrival deadline. deezmfnutz, maybe you lucked out.

Or.....

VzW is just being conservative with the shipping date, so they won't start trouble if something goes awry. I am hoping for this scenario.
    11-23-08 03:24 PM
    Got the same email to inform me that mine shipped. I ordered online at 3:17 Eastern on Friday
    11-23-08 03:25 PM
    Not true.

Ship date Nov 23, 2008

Status Picked up

Date/Time Location

Yeah, I ordered my phone well before Friday. My sales rep told me I wouldn't get it till next week.
    11-23-08 03:26 PM
    Why are these orders taking so long? Is because they're placed through VW? My cousin just placed an order for a Storm from Best Buy and she'll get it by this coming Wednesday.
    11-23-08 03:29 PM
    Ordered my phone on Friday at 10:30am. Verizon f***ed up the order. Called me today.. can't ship my phone until 12/15... Most incompetence I've ever seen in my life. Considering the iPhone very strongly now. Not worth the frustration.
    11-23-08 03:29 PM
    Wow this is bad. It sounds like this isn't just one occurence as I posted in another thread I hope mine makes it at the time that they promised. Have seriously got to call after I'm done here at the library
    11-23-08 03:34 PM
    The Storm is in our ware house what he meant by saying not getting any till the 5th of december is only store basd they knew we were gonna sell out and and kept most in the warehouse to back it up as soon as most of the orders are done we will see them back in store if history has said anything (AKA Voyager) We do not know if we will even get them in on the 5th, I just looked in the warehouse and we have over 80 thousand of the devices in the northeast the company stocked up the warehouse. the reason the ship dates are getting pushed back is not because we do not have them its that theres not enough FEDEX employees to handle that many handsetts.
    11-23-08 03:35 PM
    Wow this is bad. It sounds like this isn't just one occurence as I posted in another thread I hope mine makes it at the time that they promised. Have seriously got to call after I'm done here at the library

Let us know what they say!
    11-23-08 03:35 PM
    What i want to know is, are there Storms sitting in warehouses getting reflashed like we heard and getting shipped out as soon as possible or are there no Storms in warehouses and they are being made right now by the manufacturer? It seems Verizon should have better coordinated with Fedex and made special arrangements to ship the Storm.

Edit: Seems like my question was answered as i posted this.
    Last edited by matrix2004; 11-23-08 at 03:40 PM.
    11-23-08 03:37 PM
    I called to see if there was any update on my order, ended up speaking to a Supervisor about my order. I ordered on Friday at 9 am central time.This guy is telling me if we didn't get our orders yesturday, it will be after the 5th before they get more! He flat told me they won't have ANY storms untill the 5th of December!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He says the before 2pm, after 2pm schedule is null, and void!! Anyone else been told this? I am hacked! I just want to know what is ACTUALLY going to happen! I've been told that it wold ship out tomorrow, and id get it the 25, or 26th till now. Any Verizon folks have any solid delivery times?

Yes, I stopped paying attention to the misinformation yesterday and finally got them to admit it would be Dec. 5. We'll see... I don't necessarily believe them on that, to be honest.

But, they DID allow me to move my AT&T number early so I can send off the AT&T phone I sold. So, I'm satisfied. Personally, I'd rather wait 2 weeks and have the OS update.
    11-23-08 03:39 PM
    I think a combination of things are going on--I think their systems crashed (I couldn't even buy a case at my local store Friday afternoon), I think they had limited quantity because of the lower OS flash, and I think because they way their systems are set up, until the order goes out, CSRs have no record of it or can't easily get to the record from their own system.

So a lot is in play.

Then they've taught there people to tell you whatever will placate you for now. Hence why Friday I was told Saturday, Saturday I was told Monday, and then the 5th, and then Tuesday, and then Monday again and finally I explained "I don't care when the phone gets here--I need to port over my AT&T number NOW!" because I sold the phone for it and if it's 2 weeks before the storm gets here I have no phone for that number!

They did that for me (as I have another Verizon cell) and I'm satisfied.

But I'll say this--if all my friends and family were not on Verizon? I'd have gone to AT&T and gotten a Bold.
    11-23-08 03:46 PM
    deezmfnutz, I'm so jealous!

I ordered Friday 11/21 at 8:30am EST and live in PA as well. So far I've received no indication that my order was processed or shipped. My order status Saturday was received, please check back tomorrow. Then today, my order status is completely blank.

Anyone know why an order status would be blank? Am I screwed??
    11-23-08 09:29 PM
    deezmfnutz, I'm so jealous!

I ordered Friday 11/21 at 8:30am EST and live in PA as well. So far I've received no indication that my order was processed or shipped. My order status Saturday was received, please check back tomorrow. Then today, my order status is completely blank.

Anyone know why an order status would be blank? Am I screwed??

Call 611................
    11-23-08 09:32 PM
    Ordered Friday at 7:30 EST. FINALLY got a tracking number today at 4:00pm via *611 and found out the phone should be here Tuesday morning. (I had Saturday shipping...)
    11-23-08 09:36 PM
    My order, made 4:30am EST online on 11/21, is still processing. The CSR at *611 told me she couldn't see anything on the order other than it has been received but I should know tomorrow where it stands. I would just like to know if I should be expecting it in the next couple of days or the next couple of weeks.
    11-23-08 09:44 PM
    Back to the original question of the OP's post title.....

DuLac is a VZW employee and he knows his stuff. Got my phone first thing yesterday thanks to his help. If I would have waited around to go to a store on Friday (which I did just to be part of the madness), I would be without one now.

Not all of them should be deserving of a bad rap. I'm sure most of them tried their best.
    11-23-08 09:49 PM
    Bong-Water........any input on this?
    most of the orders that were screwed up were the ones places through telesales and online. just because the order online was placed at a specific time doesnt mean that its processed at that time. some orders can take up to 24 hours to be processed after submitting an order. the only hard shipping dates that were processed on friday and sat. were the ones that were Dfilled or ordered from the store. Meaning the orders people placed in the store, this doesnt include telesales or online oreders. ive been giving people on here there tracking #s and order numbers for the past couple days and for the most part, most peoples orders have been shipped. ive been tryin to help people as much as i can, but with all the misinformation being thrown around in this forum everyone is just running around in circles. I tried not to put any information out unless i was positive and had full confirmation from our warehouse. so far ive helped 4 people push there shipments through a little early but i can only do so much considering i have to actually do other work with my customers when im at the store.
    Last edited by bong_water; 11-23-08 at 09:55 PM.
    11-23-08 09:51 PM
    Ok so here's my story. I went to cc Tuesday to be reserved for one and the rep said he did it and just come Friday and I would get 1. Then Wednesday I found out that my AT&T billing cycle would start on the 20th so I went to the store to get something and had my number ports to avoid extra charges from AT&T. Then fridaycame and I was the first in line and they said that they didn't recieve the orders that they were suppose to get so I had to do a DF. After that it's Saturday already but I still don't have a tracking number then I called customer service only to find out that I still don't have a rwcknt number so I called fedex again only to find out that there are no shipments to my address within the next couple of days. So now what i'm worried about is that I may get my phone by December and it's not cool because index my emails on the road because my iPhone is now an ipod touch.
    11-23-08 10:10 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD