03-06-09 10:22 PM
105 123 ...
tools
    Just curious to hear what others have done. I just realized that I STILL had OEM protectors on there. NOTE the plural. I now have pulled of my 5th (and I think last) OEM screen protector, and just installed the Invisible Shield (we'll see in the morning if my phone turns back on!)

I'm wondering if many crackberries just leave it plain glass?
    02-12-09 08:13 PM
    I took off my vzw screen protector after I saw the video of the man taking a hunting knife to his storm! I doubt my phone will ever endure anything more than keys. I have not encountered any scratches.
    02-12-09 08:27 PM
    I do not use one...
    02-12-09 08:29 PM
    Agreed. Go naked ! (heck there is even a form dedicated to it.)

There is no reason to have them. I had one for one day and ditched it. Too hard to get on, too many bubbles, etc. the girl at the store selling it even stated that they don't need them and I believe it.
    02-12-09 08:29 PM
    mine is naked.
    it feels good...

when the screen is illuminated it looks as good as day 1.
    02-12-09 08:30 PM
    I wish I hadn't bought one. Day I got the phone I went a little spend crazy, but after seeing the videos and hearing what everyone says I'm pretty confident I wasted my money lol
    02-12-09 08:32 PM
    The only thing I use is the leather case so I can keep it in my pocket and hopefully prevent dust.
    02-12-09 08:34 PM
    Got my storm rockin the birthday suit
    02-12-09 08:35 PM
    Naked is great !
    02-12-09 08:42 PM
    Naked is great !
    Ditto, no problem till date.
    02-12-09 08:49 PM
    I have had a screen protector on mine since day one, and every time i walked by the verizon kiosk at work, i saw the storm screen tehre and though... why does it lok so much better than mine. brighter and crisper.... overall prettier.
    cause there was no screen protector.
    so i took mine off after seeing how the storm screen is close to unscratchable.

Nakey!
    02-12-09 09:37 PM
    I do not use one.
    02-12-09 09:41 PM
    I took mine off after watching countless scratch demonstrations, when I first got mine I left the factory screen protector on as well as added a transparent hardshell cover to the body, I use neither now. I have no scratches, dents or dust except the little bit that accumulates around the back speaker(which you can just blow on and its gone) Mainly it is all about how well you take care of your phone, this thing is quite durable.
    02-12-09 09:52 PM
    I don't use one either.
    02-12-09 10:25 PM
    Screen protectors for a screen like the one on the Storm are for morons.

Also, anyone who knowingly leaves on the plastic film that comes from the factory is a super moron.
    02-12-09 10:28 PM
    i dont either and mines always in my pocket with change and keys etc. and there isnt a visible scratch anywhere on the screen.
    02-12-09 10:29 PM
    When I got my storm I pulled off the light plastic "protectors" or whatever they were that came with the phone. But reading this discussion I just realized that there is a heavier plastic film over the base screen. It appears that I could slide a finger nail under that thing and peel it back. Is that the OEM screen protector you are talking about disposing of?
    02-13-09 08:06 AM
    Yep! I think I finally got my last one off last night - it was my 5th one. Not sure if the factory just put too many on, or that it's intended to be just another screen protector once the top one gets too blemished, or whatever.

But it is nice to see so many people going naked. Makes me feel better about the fact that not only can the Storm "take it", but that I don't have to keep buying the protectors that don't last either. Like I said earlier, I just installed the Invisible Shield last night, and it already looks better than when I put it on. So I guess I'll see how I like it as time goes on, but if I don't, then I will join the nudist colony.
    02-13-09 08:09 AM
    I don't use one. Just put it in the leather sleeve and go!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 08:16 AM
    Because of the way that the screen works, any sort of additional covering will make it LESS responsive.
    02-13-09 08:28 AM
    No screen protector here..never had one just the Seidio Innocase II.
    02-13-09 08:30 AM
    Never have on any touch screen (Palm, etc) Never will.
    02-13-09 08:45 AM
    I use an InvisibleShield which works great.

A co-worker of mine went "naked" after he saw the video of the guy going at his with a knife with no scratches and now wishes he hadn't. His screen is a mess. Scratches all over it. He carries it in his pocket with no case. Not sure what else he has in there (keys, etc) but his screen is ruined.
    02-13-09 08:49 AM
    Your co worker probably still has the factory protector on the screen. It's really hard to see it but if you look closely at the edge you may see an edge. That's the OEM protector.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 09:09 AM
    No screen protector on my old phone or my replacement. But the screen is not "scratch proof" -- that infamous video only demonstrates that it is gouge resistant. I started to notice a few very, very fine spiderweb scratches on my original phone (replaced due to dust).

The first person to tell me that I probably forgot to take the factory screen protector off goes on my ignore list (you've been warned!). Took the factory guard off on day one.

The screen can get spiderweb scratches. Do a search. But it is still fairly scratch resistant, and you may not even notice faint scratches unless in very bright/sunny conditions. I'm not putting a protector on this one -- never cared for them (going back to my days with a Handspring). But I will be more careful and keep it holstered more often.
    02-13-09 09:20 AM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD