When I receive an email from somoeone and I already have their phone number and name plugged into my contacts but i want to add their email address there should be an easy way to do this which i have yet to find. The only option when i hit that email address from the email is to add new contact. So currently i have to copy the email address, go back to my contacts, find the individual, press edit and paste his email. Does anyone know a better way to do this?
    12-03-08 10:17 AM
    wow . . .that is a great question.
    12-03-08 10:22 AM
    I have only managed to do this by copying and pasting too
    12-03-08 10:29 AM
    Copying and pasting is the only way to add info to an existing contact. There's no menu function for "add to existing."
    12-03-08 10:38 AM
    Copying and pasting is the only way to add info to an existing contact. There's no menu function for "add to existing."
    I was afriad of that . . . this is one of the few times where I have found BB lacking in PIM functionality.
    12-03-08 10:41 AM
    Is this something just on the storm or all Blackberrys? It seems like a simple function to have - even my old Razer hadd add to existing functionality!
    12-03-08 11:29 AM
    wow, you know I was wondering this exact question the other day as well!

I was getting very frustrated because I remember my old LG VX6800 had this functionality, SURELY my fancy BB Storm does, right?! wrong I had to copy/paste it too.
    12-03-08 11:31 AM
    PeeKaWho Gets An Update - Tons of New Features! | CrackBerry.com

I think that this program will help. But I'm not positive as I don't have it!
    12-03-08 11:32 AM
    Is this something just on the storm or all Blackberrys? It seems like a simple function to have - even my old Razer hadd add to existing functionality!
    It's all blackberries to date. It's just something RIM hasn't chosen to implement. I agree, it should be easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 11:35 AM
    I just edit all my stuff in outlook and sync it all back up...
    12-03-08 11:58 AM
    It works when using Visual Voice mail, but not from the call log.

A friend left a message from their new work number. In Visual VM I highlighted the message, options, add to address book:

Then it gave an option of "New" or "Add to existing"

I choses "add to existing" then it gave the options, of Work, Home, Mobile 2 (since I already had a number under mobile.

Not a total solution for missed calls or incoming calls, but butter than nothing.

I still can't believe RIM has not made this a BB standard.
    12-05-08 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD