and its in landscape mode, and you pick it up to answer a phone call and its of course in landscape mode, but you pick it up in portrait mode and hit the answer button (while the phone is still in landscape mode and the button is in the corner or whatever) and accidently hang up on someone? Because it switches over to portrait mode when you hit the button.

Hopefully people understand what I'm trying to say here, I really wish the phone wasn't in landscape mode when I set it down.

Maybe everything in my house is just not level?
    12-26-08 08:14 PM
    I get what you're saying, I do that a lot in other apps. For the phone though I always use the physical buttons. It helps a lot when it comes to lag etc.
    12-26-08 08:17 PM
    I had this happen a lot when I first got the phone. Started using the physical buttons. No more problem
    12-26-08 08:22 PM
    It always happens to me and it's very frustrating.

Like everyone else said, using the physical green button seems to be the only "fix".
    12-26-08 08:57 PM
    I've had this happen a couple times. Guess we can add this to the wish list for RIM. Would be nice if an incoming call would automatically lock the phone into portrait mode since you can only speak into it in portrait anyways. Then it would release the lock upon hang-up. That would be sweet.
    12-26-08 09:12 PM
    I've had this happen a couple times. Guess we can add this to the wish list for RIM. Would be nice if an incoming call would automatically lock the phone into portrait mode since you can only speak into it in portrait anyways. Then it would release the lock upon hang-up. That would be sweet.
    Good point. Same happens to me to and I just use the physical keys.
    12-26-08 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD