05-17-09 08:18 AM
40 12
tools
    Storm is annoying in that sense. I bought this phone over the net thinking that it would be long and commercials showed its size to be good enough. I got it and it is tiny. In my hands it looks really small. To give a comparison, my ring finger is size 13 to 13.5 and my thumb is much bigger. I am not big or fat, but my hands are wide.

I have trouble holding this phone some times, in the fear that I might break the screen when I pull it out of my pocket or the belt pouch I bought.

Same thing with the side buttons, I cannot hold the whole phone without pressing one of the buttons. Wish I can disable them all together.

But all said, I love this phone, even though I make mistakes while typing, its features are good. Some quirks, but it is still good.

Its been 8 days since I got it by mail and I have already set it up just the way I like it and with all the apps I love and read about on this website.

I think Storm should be used either with a synthetic skin or left naked, depending on what people like.

-GGR
    05-15-09 03:54 PM
    I don't use a case on my storm either. I thought about getting one for the last 6 months but never purchased one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 04:40 PM
    Bought a couple of rubber silicone type cases from Ebay for about a 1.

However stopped using them as they just seem to pick up dust and other bits from your pocket and also makes it harder to slip your phone in and out of your pocket with the case on.
    05-15-09 05:43 PM
    It really depends. I put my phone in my pocket by itself, so there is no need for one. Its also my life so I treat it like a baby.

05-15-09 05:51 PM
    I just use the silicone
    skin from verizon. That and I have a screen protector. I found that having the silicone skin bulks the phone just enough to make it comfortable to hold, but its still slim enough to fit in my pocket. The only thing that goes on my belt is my leatherman lol. I'd be too afraid of the clip or something else breaking and the phone taking a 3+ foot drop to the ground.

05-15-09 05:53 PM
    i like my Storm like i like my wife...naked and in my hands
    05-15-09 06:00 PM
    ...on a few things.

I go commando a lot, but I also have a sleeve that I use if I am in the car or flying long trips for extended periods of time. I also have leather holster case that I use for most regular use and I have an OtterBox that I use for when I am in the outdoors.

Just like clothes, you have got to consider the environment.
    05-15-09 06:01 PM
    No case here. With a $50 deductible I'd rather take my chances. Three drops so far with nothing worse than the back door & battery falling off.

05-15-09 06:49 PM
    no case here.......Ghost armor applied and its working great!
    05-15-09 07:24 PM
    I dont' use a case but i do have a decal girl skin and invisi-shield combo and i have zero complaints.
    05-15-09 07:26 PM
    I use the OEM hard snap on case and the OEM belt clip while on the road. I keep the phone in the hard snap on case until I reach my desk at work... then it gets a charge in the sweet BB desk charger (must come out of the case for that) then I keep it out until of the case until time to go home.
    05-15-09 09:13 PM
    i like my Storm like i like my wife...naked and in my hands
    My god, that's awesome!
    05-15-09 09:51 PM
    I don't anymore, like you said it looks and feels way better just as it is.

05-16-09 11:09 PM
    Just a holster here.

Its pure vanity- I love the look of the storm so much I don't want it concealed in public.
    Of course it has cost me..... I have a new bezel on the way because I dropped it about a monrh ago.

================================
    WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

The Patrick Henry Caucus - Home Page
    THE912PROJECT.COM

Time to reclaim the 10th amendment
    ================================

05-17-09 07:28 AM
    I have Ghost Amour on mine and it is in a belt holster when I go out of the house. So far so good - no drops or scratches...

Of course since I said that I'll probably drop it!
    05-17-09 08:18 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD