05-17-09 08:18 AM
40 12
tools
    I don't really get the point, not worth it to have all that extra plastic in my pocket all the time....phone looks so much better without it too....

never broke a phone in the past, wont start now!
    05-15-09 11:08 AM
    I haven't really broken a phone from dropping it or anything either really. But I'd rather keep a case on my Storm just for the "in-case something happens insurance" to each his own.
    05-15-09 11:19 AM
    I don't. I use a screen protector but that's it. I have heard excellent things about the Incipio Ultra Light case tough.

http://shop.crackberry.com/incipio-ultra-light-feather-case/4A123A5309.htm
    05-15-09 11:20 AM
    I'm a fan of the incipio feather (I've got two of them)

However, I took it off the otherday and I and missed how my phone felt.
    Needless to say, It's naked now. I love it's feel in my hands and I can do without a case for a little bit...

fapfapfap
    05-15-09 11:21 AM
    I don't use any sort of protection outside of a screen protector. I keep my phone in my side pocket (carpenter jeans) and none of the covers/cases I've seen would let the phone slide in and out of the pocket as needed. I also give mine daily alcohol pad wipedowns and use a microfiber cloth at the first sign of a fingerprint. She's my baby.

Plus, hey. It's sexy. Why cover it up?

But for others, like my wife --- she drops her Curve on a daily basis... A case/shell is a good idea. She ended up getting a holster(clip).
    05-15-09 11:25 AM
    I just use a "skin" I tried a case when i first got it..one of the plastic ones... made it super bulky that i could hardly hold on to it. and people couldn't hear me with it on.
    05-15-09 11:28 AM
    I don't use any sort of protection outside of a screen protector. I keep my phone in my side pocket (carpenter jeans) and none of the covers/cases I've seen would let the phone slide in and out of the pocket as needed. I also give mine daily alcohol pad wipedowns and use a microfiber cloth at the first sign of a fingerprint. She's my baby.

Plus, hey. It's sexy. Why cover it up?

But for others, like my wife --- she drops her Curve on a daily basis... A case/shell is a good idea. She ended up getting a holster(clip).
    I didn't know they still sold carpenter jeans

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 11:36 AM
    I use a screen protector and use to have a plasitic cover. Now that i have the extended battery the case is usless and i go in the nude now.
    05-15-09 11:56 AM
    I broke a lot of phones that is why i need to have some case for it.
    05-15-09 12:06 PM
    been using a belt holster since my first StarTac..
    05-15-09 12:10 PM
    To provide extra protection for my storm, I ride my bike to work during the summer months and having my storm in the nude is not a good idea. Especially if I have a tumble.
    05-15-09 12:20 PM
    I know 2 of my friends who happened to break their blackberries in 1 week... i dunno how they did it, but they didn't have the cases!

Personally I get a case just so it looks different from everybody else

OtterBox owns! and I haven't seen anyone with it in Toronto!
    BlackBerry Storm Defender Case // OtterBox.com

Right now I am trying to figure out how I can change the screen protector from the case to the mirror screen protector! I can tell you right now it would be much easier with storm 2 though ^^ because those 4 buttons at the bottom will be a part of the screen

P.S. It's like customizing your car... but much cheaper
    05-15-09 12:25 PM
    Naked in the house, Otterbox outside the house
    05-15-09 12:27 PM
    I flip flop. Every now and then I'll put a case on, and then I take it off for the **** of it when I get bored of it or not as cautious. usually after I get a close call I put one on, im weird like that. However I am contemplating just removing a screen protector all together. I don't like how bulky my bodyglove case is so..
    05-15-09 12:28 PM
    Love it without the case. Anything that bulks it up I don't like. I will take the light, smooth, easy to pocket version over the bulk and protection almost all the time. It's a trade off.
    05-15-09 12:29 PM
    I don't really care for a case either, but I was reading a few things about the Zagg's Invisible Shield. Just seems funny, your spraying a liquid on the phone to get the sheild to stick? Does it really work? Worth the buy?
    05-15-09 01:25 PM
    Mine is naked. I only use a side pouch that clips to my belt. & when I am home, it stays out of the pouch & is within arms reach at all times.
    05-15-09 02:05 PM
    Naked
    No protection

I like to have a screen protector on though.
    I too use the carpenter jeans pocket on the right leg.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 02:23 PM
    I started with a gel case, but stopped using it after a while because it just didnt feel as good as I wanted.
    I just got my wife the incipio feather case for her storm (so our phones would look different) and its really cool.. so I'm thinking about getting one for myself. Its less for protection, though, and more about just having a different look. Though, I guess when I put it down on a table or bench, it could get wet... in which case the protected back would be welcome.
    05-15-09 02:27 PM
    No case, no screen protector, no special jeans, it's just a phone.
    05-15-09 02:32 PM
    naked in the house, standard BB holster outside.
    05-15-09 02:34 PM
    I only use the hard case when I'm snowboarding. Other than that, it's "invisibly" naked. I use the stock screen protector (mine came with one) and have the "Invisible Gadget Guard" on mine. Can't tell it's on there and love the look of it naked. I don't like the bulkiness of the cases, even the Feather is still kind of bulky IMO.

Also, I use my Oakley sunglass pouch to carry it in; it's great for keeping it lint-free when in my pocket, and for removing lint/fingerprints on the screen.
    05-15-09 03:01 PM
    no case here... i jsut use the holster.

I've dropped this phone so many times tho right on to concrete and hard tile from like 4 ft... but it has survived! I dont have any idea how... i should probably get a case, it's just soooo sleek without one
    05-15-09 03:13 PM
    I use a rubber case, I'm too scared to go without it!
    05-15-09 03:14 PM
    I use the rubber case from Verizon. i dont think it will do anything even if I drop it
    05-15-09 03:48 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD