I am trying to get to the bottom of this. I don't have 0000 for yesterday but do have them from other days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    there are a few things that could be. here is one: sometimes you get booted from the AIM app. if you have AIM forwarding turned ON then if someone IMs you and you are signed off (booted) the AIM app, you will get said IM in the form of a text message.

perhaps you are replying to that.

that is just one possibility.
    12-02-08 12:06 PM
    It depends on whether or not using are using the official rim/bb IM apps or going through the carrier's portal to get the apps. The apps from rim/bb all use data.
    Huh? Why does it depend on that?

General LOL @ this thread -- why does it take 2 pages worth of threads to establish the known fact that SMS is different from a chat client such as AIM and Google Talk?
    01-14-09 01:16 PM
    SMS and MMS are text.

Email is Data.

BBerry Messenger is Data.

AIM App, Gtalk App, Yahoo App, all are data.
    01-14-09 01:22 PM
    I asked this question as well. Having used the pre-loaded Google chat app on my Storm several times this month, I decided to check my used messages on Verizon to see if they got counted...and they did not. I followed up with the store and as several users have posted here, only the Verizon Mobile IM suite (which I had on my old phone the LG ENV, for example) use SMS.
    01-26-09 02:58 PM
    I called VZW, they swore it uses a text and would cost me .20 everytime I used the Yahoo messenger. So, I had them turn off )Disable) texting and the yahoo still works. I check on my verizon and I see no texts in the bill.

Go figure, VZW had it wrong, even after I had him check with someone else.

Im glad cause I need it to talk with wife at her desk and did not want to pay per click.
    01-26-09 03:09 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD