Okay so i am getting confused by this blackberry storm2 9550 phone.
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550 - Full phone specifications

It is supposed to be GSM and CDMA phone. Now lets assume I buy this phone unlocked will I be able to use this phone in India with 2 carriers (one CDMA and one GSM) at the same time?

Also does this phone have 2 simcard slots?
    11-07-10 10:45 AM
    ' A prepaid SIM overseas will only work for voice, not data. The one in the Verizon phone will work globally for everything if you activate it through VZW global network. At the end of the day, its all about options. Some may find it better to use prepaid SIM with Wi-Fi, some may need more. '
    Also, there's just one SIM card slot, not dual.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 11-07-10 at 10:57 AM.
    11-07-10 10:50 AM
    It is not dual SIM capable.
    I went to the site in your link and it doesn't even say it's a dual SIM phone, so I am not sure were you got confused.
    11-07-10 10:51 AM
    It is not dual SIM capable.
    I went to the site in your link and it doesn't even say it's a dual SIM phone, so I am not sure were you got confused.
    No I was pretty confident before but... the person I'm getting this phone for said there must be dual sim

But anyways let me ask you one more question...

So basically at any given time this phone can only be used with one carrier be it either gsm or cdma right?
    11-07-10 10:58 AM
    If you live in the US and run an unlocked 95xx on GSM, you will only get 2G.
    The Storm 1 & 2 only support European 3G GSM frequencies, not AT&T or T Mobile.
    11-07-10 11:16 AM
    That is correct. It is a CDMA phone if the SIM is not in use. When you turn the SIM on it switches to GSM mode. It cannot do both at the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 11:16 AM
    Thank you everyone! This makes everything lot more clear.

Now for one final question..This might sound absurd to some people but...I've been googling and it turns out that Reliance network in india uses cdma sim cards?

Until now I never knew this existed. But apparently it does.
    here are couple links
    Reliance CDMA sim ? .. :|
    Can i use Reliance CDMA simcard to N73 - FixYa

Now my question is...will this phone (storm2 9550) be able to use the cdma sim card?
    11-07-10 12:20 PM
    Reliance is actually GSM and CDMA. The SIM card you were handed could have been GSM since Reliance entered the GSM market, too.

Answer is yes, if your phone is unlocked, the SIM card will work. However, you won't have 3G connectivity.

BTW, like the "Hackers" usename
    11-07-10 12:40 PM
    Reliance is actually GSM and CDMA. The SIM card you were handed could have been GSM since Reliance entered the GSM market, too.

Answer is yes, if your phone is unlocked, the SIM card will work. However, you won't have 3G connectivity.

BTW, like the "Hackers" usename
    Thanks for your quick response.

ps: glad you noticed the "hackers" username
    11-07-10 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD