Hi

Got my storm about a month ago and now just getting around putting files on it. I had a old palm lifedrive in which docs to go worked great.

Now to the storm....same files on the docs to go on the storm and a totally different performance. Poor response (if any) and taking several minutes to open. big files 5 gig and more I have to do a battery pull to fix it.

Has anyone else have this issue ?

DM
    05-22-09 12:39 AM
    I did notice some performance problems with the original version of D2G that came with my storm. With each update it has gotten a little better and the 1.007 release, I've haven't experienced any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 11:57 AM
    Hi

Got my storm about a month ago and now just getting around putting files on it. I had a old palm lifedrive in which docs to go worked great.

Now to the storm....same files on the docs to go on the storm and a totally different performance. Poor response (if any) and taking several minutes to open. big files 5 gig and more I have to do a battery pull to fix it.

Has anyone else have this issue ?

DM

If I'm not mistaken, Palm Lifedrive has an Intel processor in it and was designed for heavy duty document usage. I'm not sure how any SmartPhone can easily handle a 5 gig document?
    05-22-09 12:04 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, Palm Lifedrive has an Intel processor in it and was designed for heavy duty document usage. I'm not sure how any SmartPhone can easily handle a 5 gig document?
    Its funny that a 3 yr palm can outperform stuff coming out now eh ? Those palms were built to last.

DM
    05-23-09 02:08 AM
    I did notice some performance problems with the original version of D2G that came with my storm. With each update it has gotten a little better and the 1.007 release, I've haven't experienced any problems.

I guess I will not bother then slapping 60 bucks US for a full version.

DM
    05-23-09 02:10 AM
    I guess I will not bother then slapping 60 bucks US for a full version.

DM
    Try the latest release if you haven't already installed it. Like I said in my first post, I haven't found any problems using the 1.007.036 premium edition. I don't use big documents like you do but for the ones that I do have, it handles them nicely.

05-23-09 02:59 AM
    Congrats on the new Strom!!
    Though intel would have been made to handle documents, but it is many years old, and the processor speed has increased many fold by now. But that said, these new OS/Apps have increased their hunger as well, they just kill the processor and the memory these days. And 5GB in doc, does sound a bit overkill to mE! It will take ages to open that big file in a standard computer these days with a latest program... :|
    05-29-09 11:34 AM
    The main question then is --what alternatives do we have for the Storm?
    05-29-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD