I realized that the documents to go do not work with Office 07.

Is that not freakin ********. Office 07 has been available since jan 07 and the Storm was not released until this last summer. Am I the only one that thinks that this is ********? With that much time it would have been easy enough to get this compatible with the worlds largest office suite.

Does anyone have any idea how to remedy this.

Thank you for the help

S
    01-06-09 01:43 PM
    You can't blame RIM or the storm. This is the fault of the publishers of the DocsToGo software.
    01-06-09 01:45 PM
    ...that we can "upgrade" for as low as 49.00 per year. and Unlimited for 69.00. I guess not bad if you use them all the time. I guess I do not understand why someone would bother putting it on the phone if it were not ready to use.
    01-06-09 01:53 PM
    First off, the OOXML spec that makes up the Office 2007 format is a giant bloated complicated mess, so I can't blame people for having difficulty remaining awake trying to read it, let alone make enough sense out of it to turn it into something useful. Not to mention Office 2007 doesn't even produce documents that conform to Microsoft's own specification. If you think you can do better, by all means get cracking on some code. Otherwise, maybe you should try showing a little appreciation for what you have.

Second, there is a free update to Documents to Go which allegedly adds support for Office 2007 formats. You just have to jump through some hoops to fill out some form before you can download it. Why it hasn't been bundled with more recent OS updates is an interesting question, but ultimately irrelevant to our discussion here.
    01-06-09 02:05 PM
    I have the Premium version trial, and I can save new documents to Office '07 format. However I did not check if I can view such documents if I make them with a PC and then open them on the Storm. Personally I avoid the new format. It's basically trash since hardly anyone can even open them. I reconfigured my MS Office to always default to the old format.
    Last edited by rednukleus; 01-06-09 at 04:27 PM.
    01-06-09 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD