When you install the new OS onto your computer before you put it onto the phone, do you guys uninstall the old OS's?

If so, how do you do this? I would like to get the old ones off my PC.
    12-27-08 12:43 PM
    to uninstall, you do just like any other program - Control Pannel \ Add/Remove programs

I do not uninstall when I add a newer OS to my computer. The program (Desktop Manager) knows to use the most current that is installed.
    12-27-08 12:47 PM
    Yes, you only want the OS you want installed to your device installed to your computer.
    12-27-08 12:47 PM
    I'm going to go remove the old ones now. I just don't want them taking up all the space on my laptop!
    12-27-08 01:17 PM
    Yes.......
    12-27-08 01:40 PM
    I don't uninstall them either. I keep them just in case I want to downgrade for some reason. The DM should still find the most recent version
    if the update was verizon version even if it is a beta. .75 and .85 where I didn't delete vendor.xml are picked as preferred while .76 and .83 were not when I
    installed them. You only need to delete the prior updates if you need disk space.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 02:02 PM
    I don't uninstall them either. I keep them just in case I want to downgrade for some reason. The DM should still find the most recent version
    if the update was verizon version even if it is a beta. .75 and .85 where I didn't delete vendor.xml are picked as preferred while .76 and .83 were not when I
    installed them. You only need to delete the prior updates if you need disk space.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I agree! I do not uninstall for the same logic listed by armedtank.
    12-27-08 09:12 PM
    I keep the previous OS just in case I have to downgrade. I delete all the older ones.
    12-28-08 01:17 AM
    I haven't uninstalled any of them and it has not caused me any problems.
    12-28-08 05:54 AM
    For the uninstallers, do you uninstall before you unzip the new OS? Because in my uninstall programs control panel, the only way to differentiate is by the install dates. The OS's program name doesn't extend out far enough to get to .86, .90, etc. (See attached pic before I uninstalled anything.)

And I just uninstalled what I thought was .86 (based on the install date of 1/12/09). But when the uninstall was done, it looks like .90 was removed (based on install date 1/23/09 missing now).

So, now can I just reinstall .90 to the computer? Will this have any effect on the BB? I've already installed .90 on the BB this AM.

Thanks! Tim
    01-23-09 03:45 PM
    Well, allow me to revise & extend my remarks above.

Once I closed the uninstaller & reopened it, the install dated 1/23/09 is the one that remains. This is despite its having disappeared earlier when I was uninstalling other OSs. Weird. Chalk it up to a Windows glitch.

So how do I know for sure that .90 is still installed? Can I dig into explorer to find the software on my PC? Just want to be sure I don't screw my BB up when I connect it next.
    01-23-09 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD