View Poll Results: Do you think we are RIM's beta testers?

Voters
264. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, absolutely. (who better than the masses)

105 39.77%
  • No way. (testing strictly controlled by RIM in their environment)

18 6.82%
  • Somewhat. (common denominators are being observed & noted)

112 42.42%
  • Doubtful. (far too many variables involved with general public)

29 10.98%
    I don't think there's an "intentional" use of the members of this forum (or the one actually sponsored by Blackberry), but I do think (and hope) they have someone watching both of these fora to get information on what we're experiencing.

The ISP I work for has people (at very high levels of the organization) who watch the fora that discuss our company and service, and although a lot of what's posted is "noise", some of it is actually helpful in figuring out our subscribers' issues. I would hope RIM has people who watch and consider what we're posting...

If I were involved in recruiting support technicians for RIM, I'd probably be looking here (or in their official site) for possible candidates. There are some VERY sharp people in here...
    01-01-09 06:25 PM
    According to Crucial this is totally false. RIM spends a lot of time and money testing things themselves and then moving on to the next build.
    ALL major manufacturers of gadgets, phones, cars, etc. are reading specific forums to collect valuable information to be able to improve their products.
    I doubt that RIM makes an exception, the information posted here on Crackberry and other Blackberry forums is way too valuable for them to be ignored.

I don't think that they're using forum users intentionally as beta testers but I know from other companies that forum users and early adopters are the perfect crowd for beta testing, simply because they're also interested in testing and bragging.

So yes, I think that RIM is reading the forums here and I also think that they try to use the information posted here to improve their products.

Personally, I think that a company like RIM shouldn't put their products THAT early on the market before doing some serious testing. I own 4(!) RIM devices, all of them are new models and all of them have or had issues. Not really great for a company like RIM in my opinion.
    01-02-09 06:28 AM
    Even if RIM isn't using Crackberry.com as beta testers, they SHOULD! Who better to use as a beta test sample then the biggest forum dedicated to blackberries with near immediate, direct feedback to mass, diverse, consumers (as we can see, many people like me are not technology junkies) for free.

I too think RIM should focus on perfecting their current OS by removing most of the bugs first before moving on to enhancements. However, it would be impossible to remove everything. There is no chance of ever reaching a perfect OS because as humans we will always want more.

Imagine if the current OS was running at 100% efficiency with no bugs, lags, or malfunctions. We would be as happy as the fat kid that got the last piece of pumpkin pie till we bump into someone with an iphone or Nokia that might do 1 or 2 things better or differently and then we will want RIM to do the same thing.

I strongly applaud RIM with their consistent, and helpful updates even I think the Storm should have came stock with at least version .75 even if it meant delays but I'm no C.E.O. or nothing. Can't wait till the freaking official application center launches...lol
    I agree..................
    01-02-09 09:44 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD