02-12-09 04:45 PM
78 1234
tools
    I used the original screen protector that came with the phone. It started to get scratches on it. So I placed my Clarivue screen protector. It clings on with static. So if its not aligned to your liking, just lift it up. I use two pieces of scotch tape (one on each corner, opposite from each other). The tape would be my "handle". This lets me align, place and lift the screen protector without touching it. If there is dust or particle stuck under, just lift up and take another scotch tape and use that to grab the particle.
    awesome tip with the tape. Im still on my original but it is time to replace it and will be trying the tape trick.
    01-28-09 01:29 PM
    When I bought the 3 pack screen protectors from the verizon store the gentleman working there asked me if I wanted him to apply one of the screen protectors on my storm for me and I let him do it and it is fine. In fact when I need another one on I think I will just go back to the verizon store and let them apply it. Of course I am an old lady so maybe that is why he offered!!!lol
    01-28-09 04:43 PM
    no.. =(. got worried about not having one on but it really isnt all that bad. mine got messed up as i was putting it in my pocket one day. took it off about two weeks ago and it still looks brand new. besides the finger prints but one of those microcloths does wonders for that!
    01-28-09 04:51 PM
    Still have the one that came with my storm, its working just fine. Starting to get a bubble in the corner, so I'll keep it on until it comes off.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-28-09 05:22 PM
    Or you could try not using a screen protector at all. Is the protector really worth the hassles. I had a Moto Q for years with no scratches and none on the Storm so far. I try to keep my keys in a different pocket but often forget. I think the screens are a lot tougher than you may think.
    01-28-09 05:48 PM
    My opinion of the people who post on this forum has dropped significantly by reading this thread.
    01-28-09 06:08 PM
    I bought the protectors from VZW, but I have not put them on becuase, I don't like things on my screen.

So, I wasted $10...
    01-28-09 06:12 PM
    I've had a Verizon screen protector on since November 24th and I can't see any scratches or anything on it. Looks just like when I put it on.
    01-28-09 06:15 PM
    I too have the verizon screen protectors, bought a packed when I was in USA, so much better than the plastic film the Storm ships with. the film scratches, isn't as clear or responsive as the verizon ones.
    01-28-09 06:22 PM
    I've had a Verizon screen protector on since November 24th and I can't see any scratches or anything on it. Looks just like when I put it on.
    I've had nothing on my screen since November 21st, and it still looks like when I took the NON-SCREEN PROTECTING PLASTIC off.
    01-28-09 06:23 PM

It's a thin cellophane sheet designed to be removed when the consumer buys the phone. It's not even as clear as the real screen protectors. .
    really...
    its a f**klot clearer than the crap verizon sells and stays on better too....2 weeks still looks like new
    01-28-09 06:44 PM
    I like it alot better without that plastic film, that you're supposed to take off. And really kids...it won't scratch.
    01-29-09 09:51 AM
    So like many people I bought the VZW ones, and i've had my phone about a week now and the stock film on the screen is starting to come off on the corner, is there any tips to putting on the VZW ones ....? Any suggestions?
    02-09-09 08:18 PM
    LOL... it covers the screen, gives the glass protection, regardless of how minimal it is. How is that not a protector? Because it didnt come in a box that says "protector"??

Mine is still on, I was going to try it off for a while and see what happens. Ive always used an IS on my phones, and will for this one too.

WHAT COMES WITH THE STORM IS NOT A SCREEN PROTECTOR!!!

It's a thin cellophane sheet designed to be removed when the consumer buys the phone. It's not even as clear as the real screen protectors. Do you people leave manufacturing plastic on everything you buy???

And for those with air bubbles in your real screen protector, you don't just stick it on, you have to work from one side and push the air out as you apply the sheet. It's not a sticker you're slapping on your car bumper...
    I guess no one listened to that...
    02-09-09 09:12 PM
    LOL... it covers the screen, gives the glass protection, regardless of how minimal it is. How is that not a protector? Because it didnt come in a box that says "protector"??
    Because it's not intended to protect the screen during normal use.
    02-09-09 09:41 PM
    Well, I still have the plastic cover that came with on the phone. Works as good as other protectors I have had. I will replace it when there are too many scratches to deal with.
    02-09-09 09:45 PM
    Not anymore just took it off yesterday due to some bubbling. I couldn't stand looking at it so I had to rip it off. Oh well watcha gonna do? It seemed kinda cheap as far as quality. I may have to give in and buy one from Verizon.
    02-09-09 09:45 PM
    My girlfriend left her's on for over a month and it did a great job protecting the screen.
    02-09-09 09:46 PM
    My girlfriend left her's on for over a month and it did a great job protecting the screen.
    The screen doesn't need protection in the first place.
    02-09-09 09:57 PM
    The screen doesn't need protection in the first place.
    That's the information I have been looking for. Thanks to the people in this thread who actually seem to know the truth about these things. Some peeps just don't wanna listen!! Off with the shipping film!!!
    02-10-09 04:50 PM
    I have the original Screen protector on it. What a gangsta screen protector hahaha. Although i have been very tempted to take it off since the screen is pretty scratch resistant.
    02-10-09 05:16 PM
    The screen is pretty much scratch proof i've had mine off since the end of november and still looks perfect. All u need is a microfibre cloth to give it a clean and ur good to go lol

02-10-09 05:37 PM

Mine is still on, I was going to try it off for a while and see what happens. Ive always used an IS on my phones, and will for this one too.

I agree. Mine is STILL on, it's been about 2 mo. now. It works way better than the verizon protectors I had on my previous phone. No fingerprints on this plastic film that came with it, makes me a happy girl.
    02-10-09 07:39 PM
    i still have my original one on.
    02-10-09 07:40 PM
    Do you people realize that all you're doing is making the display look worse, and not actually protecting it at all?
    02-10-09 07:42 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD