02-12-09 04:45 PM
78 1234
tools
    I used to use great static type protectors from a company called Screen Patronus. They were inexpensive...worked great on my curve. Has anyone used these for the storm yet...just curious how they are on the touch screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 10:10 PM
    my protector has been on since december and i have no problem yet with the factory one. But i heard they dont last very long so i might go with the screen protector that IS offers.
    01-26-09 10:24 PM
    I wanted to keep the stock screen protector on but when I took it to Verizon to activate it the rep took it off. I was about to slap that guy, pissed me off. Then told me how I should buy a screen protector......
    01-26-09 10:25 PM
    have the film on it that it came with...its only a matter of time though...small bubbles are begging me to peel it off to see the crispy clear screen with no "protection". prolly will go bareback from that point on...
    01-26-09 11:07 PM
    Rocking the original "screen protector"still! I just trimmed the tabs off and slapped a BB silicone case on it. Looks great until I get the itch to mod...

01-26-09 11:15 PM
    Mine came with two. Took the first one of now on second. Altho I am thinking of trying out those static ones. They seem nice

01-26-09 11:23 PM
    Yup had it on 2 storms since day one and still going strong.
    01-27-09 12:48 AM
    I peeled it off on the day I got my Storm. Shal I tell you smthg?! Ive got no scratch! The screen is made of glass. The only way to get scratches is to use sand, broken glass, diamond or hardend steel.

In a corner of the screen I did the scratchtest like on youtube: guess-no scratch. Hard as ****.
    01-27-09 04:18 AM
    Oh: I dont want you, to do same as me. I did the test. I know the risks. But for me it worked, but I dont want to be the dumba$$ who told you to do this crap.
    01-27-09 04:19 AM
    Have my original one on as well... To be honest I didn't even know it was there for like a week or two! Someone pointed it out to me and I was like "ooohhhh okay... cool?" lol... but It's been there since I got my replacement more than 2 months ago... I'm like everyone else.. when this one bubbles and isn't worth a ****, I'll get a real one..
    01-27-09 04:34 AM
    WHAT COMES WITH THE STORM IS NOT A SCREEN PROTECTOR!!!

It's a thin cellophane sheet designed to be removed when the consumer buys the phone. It's not even as clear as the real screen protectors. Do you people leave manufacturing plastic on everything you buy???

And for those with air bubbles in your real screen protector, you don't just stick it on, you have to work from one side and push the air out as you apply the sheet. It's not a sticker you're slapping on your car bumper...
    01-27-09 09:52 AM
    I have a invisibleSHIELD. It is not that hard to put on. Yes, you have to use a spray.

You spray your hands before peeling the film off the paper, then you spray both side of the film, and then apply it to your phone. As soon as you put it on the phone (while the spray is still wet) the film will slide a little to help you position it better. Then you take the squeegee and get any bubbles out. (Yes, you want to wipe away from any open holes to prevent spray from getting in.) Then wipe off the excess spray and allow the film to set. (They say 10 - 12 hours/overnight.)
    01-27-09 08:48 PM
    Still on the original protector...

01-27-09 08:54 PM
    Invisible shield is the way to go! I put it on my BB Storm the day I got the Storm in early December. No scratches. Looks great. Even provides a little more grip to the device.
    01-27-09 09:01 PM
    I have the original one, once this craps out I'll search for an alternative, unless the storm craps out before the original protector Lol.

me as well
    01-27-09 09:22 PM
    I've still got ALL the plastic on my Storm. You can't even tell I have the top and bottom on, since I'm using a silicone case.
    01-27-09 10:01 PM
    does anyone think that the full invisible shield would fit under the Innocase I ?
    01-27-09 10:36 PM
    I am still rocking the original protector that came on the phone. It is still in good shape with no bubbles. I have my Ghost Armor screen protector on hand whenever the original one goes to crap.
    01-27-09 10:43 PM
    No way man, came off when I first got the phone.

At the moment I have no screen protector and just use the sleeve case, I haven't had any problems with scratching yet. I am thinking about getting a screen protector though, just for peace of mind.
    01-27-09 10:47 PM
    I've still got ALL the plastic on my Storm. You can't even tell I have the top and bottom on, since I'm using a silicone case.
    I actually did that when I got my 2nd Storm...but after doing a battery pull every now and...well again and again...it fell off.
    01-27-09 10:48 PM
    no leave it on as long as you can
    01-28-09 12:14 AM
    WHAT COMES WITH THE STORM IS NOT A SCREEN PROTECTOR!!!

It's a thin cellophane sheet designed to be removed when the consumer buys the phone. It's not even as clear as the real screen protectors. Do you people leave manufacturing plastic on everything you buy???
    I guess no one listened to that...
    01-28-09 10:08 AM
    I still have my original on. Just about an hour ago I ordered some screen protectors. It was good while it lasted but now its all scratched. The screen protector I mean. At least I hope so!

01-28-09 10:12 AM
    I have the original one that came with my replacement. i haven't had an issue with it peeling from the corners or anything like that. It is scratched but I will get a new pack of them soon. I'm just happy that my screen isn't scratched.
    01-28-09 10:27 AM
    I gave in and took off the plastic that came with the phone. After watching all those youtube videos of the scratch tests I'm convinced it won't scratch.
    01-28-09 11:00 AM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD