I bought these screen protectors with my phone from Verizon but there's already stuff on there! I thought about replacing it with the one I bought but theirs is so perfectly placed on the screen I'm sure I'd screw it up or something.

So what's the deal? Is this really a screen protector? Will I pull it off someday and see tons of scratches?

01-26-09 07:41 PM
    01-26-09 07:42 PM
    i still have my original screen protector on and it is beginning to scratch. my other storm i took the protector off and the screen never got scratched and the screen was more responsive but unfortunatlly the screen stopped clicking all together so i had to take it back and get another one
    01-26-09 07:47 PM
    I used the original screen protector that came with the phone. It started to get scratches on it. So I placed my Clarivue screen protector. It clings on with static. So if its not aligned to your liking, just lift it up. I use two pieces of scotch tape (one on each corner, opposite from each other). The tape would be my "handle". This lets me align, place and lift the screen protector without touching it. If there is dust or particle stuck under, just lift up and take another scotch tape and use that to grab the particle.
    01-26-09 07:47 PM
    Yes I do tho a tiny winy piece on a corner is starting to bubble up! Boo!
    01-26-09 07:50 PM
    What comes on the phone is a very thin,soft plastic sheet that's used to keep fingerprints off during manufacturing and packaging. The screen protectors are a thick poly carbonate sheet designed to prevent scratches. It works very well and is easy to install. I use latex gloves to install them to eliminate fingerprints.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 07:52 PM
    I had mine on for about a month, it was starting to bubble in one spot and then something interesting happened. I had my storm tethered to my laptop for about an hour while at a coffee shop, doing work.

When I was finished, the screen protector was bubbled like crazy, mostly in horizontal lines. I guess it didn't like the heat, because the storm was noticeably warmer than normal after that hour.

On a side note, the 3 pack Verizon protectors - I was horrible at it at first putting those on. With a bit of practice, I'm a ninja applying them now.
    01-26-09 07:55 PM
    I do still have my original screen protector on. It seems to be holding up faily well so far.
    01-26-09 07:58 PM
    Mine is on there really well and isn't going anywhere, but it does have a bunch of scratches from my fingernails when they get a little long and i click down on the screen. Are these scratches only on the film or on the actual glass? I know I can tell by just peeling it off but I'm afraid! Haha
    01-26-09 08:02 PM
    Mine is on there really well and isn't going anywhere, but it does have a bunch of scratches from my fingernails when they get a little long and i click down on the screen. Are these scratches only on the film or on the actual glass? I know I can tell by just peeling it off but I'm afraid! Haha
    I'm sure it's just on the protector, that's what it's there for.
    01-26-09 08:08 PM
    Okay guys, I just peeled off the original sticker and that one poster is right - the original stuff on there is a piece of crap!

So is Verizon's (not surprised)...I screwed up one by smudging it up because their instructions are compete crap...

And I got my second one on but it is also smudgy and there are tons of bubbles...any ideas?
    01-26-09 08:10 PM
    There is an awesome product called InvisibleSHIELD by ZAGG. (Completely wraps the Blackberry for about $25.00.) It is a bit more expensive, but if you follow the directions it's easy to put on without getting any bubbles or anything... The product has a lifetime warranty so you should never have to buy another one.

I love mine and wish I had known 'bout this with my last phone.

(Best Buy sells just the screen protector or the full wrap directly from the company.)
    Last edited by mxduppup; 01-26-09 at 08:13 PM. Reason: make it easier to understand
    01-26-09 08:11 PM
    There is an awesome product called InvisibleSHIELD by ZAGG. (Completely wraps the Blackberry for about $25.00.) It is a bit more expensive, but if you follow the directions it's easy to put on without getting any bubbles or anything... The product has a lifetime warranty so you should never have to buy another one.

I love mine and wish I had known 'bout this with my last phone.

(Best Buy sells just the screen protector or the full wrap directly from the company.)
    Yea I have this on mine. Except I just have the screen protector kit which is just about $15. It is a little more labor intensive I guess you could say to get it on, but I think it is easier to position on the screen.
    01-26-09 08:18 PM
    Okay, FINALLY got the stupid VZ one on...it's smudgy as **** but I can already tell it's a better protector than the one that came with the device.
    01-26-09 08:21 PM
    I have the original one, once this craps out I'll search for an alternative, unless the storm craps out before the original protector Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 08:28 PM
    ...yeah
    i had no idea that there was a screen protector on the storm the first time getting it
    so i went to the verizon store and bought the screen protectors there it was like 3 for 10 dollars *rolleyes*
    you'd think the guy working there would of been like "the blackberry cames with a screen protector already"
    01-26-09 08:29 PM
    ...yeah
    i had no idea that there was a screen protector on the storm the first time getting it
    so i went to the verizon store and bought the screen protectors there it was like 3 for 10 dollars *rolleyes*
    you'd think the guy working there would of been like "the blackberry cames with a screen protector already"
    Read my previous post, I just replaced that protector and it is thinner and more crappy than the one I just bought.

Although those $10 ones are a waste...poor instructions for someone who's first time doing this...
    01-26-09 08:41 PM
    Negative. Took it off to put on my Ghost Armor the day I got a replacement that was satisfying.
    01-26-09 08:44 PM
    I'm still using it but I only have it a week!
    01-26-09 08:52 PM
    it took two of the three VZW protectors for me to figure out the actual protector has two protective layers on either side of it. I was trying to peel of the "protector of the screen protector" and put it on my phone. Horrible results, bubbles everywhere. I finally figured out the hard screen protector with two pieces of film on each side is the actual protector and i've had it on since I got the phone back in decemeber. Works great.
    01-26-09 08:52 PM
    You guys haven't considered purchasing just the Screen Coverage from Invisible Shield or Ghost Armor?
    01-26-09 08:53 PM
    The plastic that comes on the phone is not a screen protector intended for use, it provides protection until the product reached the user. My wife's enV2 also came with one.

I replaced it the day I received the phone, the day before Thanksgiving, with a Verizon screen protector and I am still using it. Eventually I will need to use one of the other two that came in the pack.

I thought the directions were OK and had no problem installing. Smudges wipe off easily and no noticable scratches as of today.
    01-26-09 08:55 PM
    I've got the original thingie on. It's a little bubbly around the edges. People keep saying no protection is better And that the screen will not scratch. I've watched the videos on the scratch tests and they are impressive. I think I'm gonna take it off...
    01-26-09 08:58 PM
    Is InvisibleShield or GhostArmor really that good?

And if so, is there anywhere I could get that installed as I've seen people saying...I don't want to ruin it because I suck at putting it on like I did with the VZ ones.
    01-26-09 09:07 PM
    Is InvisibleShield or GhostArmor really that good?

And if so, is there anywhere I could get that installed as I've seen people saying...I don't want to ruin it because I suck at putting it on like I did with the VZ ones.
    Those are the ones you have to spray right? I'd be afraid of getting liquid in the phone! I've seen ways of keeping it out. But yikes. I wouldn't do it.
    01-26-09 09:09 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD