03-03-09 04:44 AM
70 123
tools
    Where can I get a smart phone that will do the thinking for me?
    01-31-09 09:19 PM
    No, I recommend the bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 09:36 PM
    I don't recommend it to most of my friends. Because then I become tech support. I hate those damn calls all the time asking me why things don't work.
    01-31-09 09:39 PM
    I don't recommend it to most of my friends. Because then I become tech support. I hate those damn calls all the time asking me why things don't work.
    I know exactly what you mean. People at work see with my BB in my hand 24/7 and when 4 of them got a Storm during the holidays.. I was suddenly the IT guy... I talked at least one down from the ledge (of throwing it) ... I have actually recommended it on one occasion, and yes, I always use the aforementioned caveat, "30 days is all we ask." I'm a lot more pro-BB than anti-storm.
    01-31-09 09:56 PM
    My Storm is my first Blackberry. It has taken me a good four or five hours to get somewhat comfortable. I admit I thought about going to something else a little more initially intuitive but now that I have gotten comfortable with the Storm I love it. Crackberry Forums have helped me a ton

01-31-09 10:10 PM
    X2 (what to do with this 10 character limit)
    01-31-09 10:12 PM
    No they see mine and are hooked

01-31-09 10:19 PM
    Yes I recommend it to people who could benefit from it. It is a great phone.
    01-31-09 10:39 PM
    x3. This phone creates a lot of envy in my entourage. I usually tell peoples to wait 6 months. Then I guess it should be a flawless device.

When they ask me why I got one, I say that I like to see the evolutions of a this phone.
    02-01-09 11:39 AM
    I recommend the storm to people who have a brain....if you can't figure something out....don't buy it!
    right on the money. a mature device for mature people.
    02-01-09 11:49 AM
    I tell people that it depends on their personal priorities. If you want the best wireless service in terms of data speed and call quality, go with the Storm. Ditto if you place a high premium on excellent email capabilities.

If you don't like virtual touch keyboards, then the Bold is a better option.

As for the iPhone--it has more apps, and the interface is more intuitive and user-friendly. (The Storm does require a brief learning curve.)

Bottom line: I advise people to buy the Storm and an iPod touch--that way, you can have the best of both worlds.
    02-01-09 12:04 PM
    right on the money. a mature device for mature people.
    Yeah I never had a BB, and honestly never wanted one....then I got a job where I need my e-mail everywhere to tell me the status of the servers...I was looking through blackberrys, and saw that the storm was coming out, so I used an old antique bb as a loaner for a month until I could get my hands on a storm. I consider the storm my first BB, because I barely had the other one (like 2 or 3 weeks) until I got my storm, and I love it, but when I do talk to people about it I basically tell them if you want something that is flawless...well there really isn't a flawless smartphone, but the storm is not on the top of the list at all, I think it will be in a few weeks/months, but it isn't yet!
    02-01-09 12:17 PM
    For people I have to support at work, I do not suggest the Storm. For those that spend a lot of time calling vs emailing/texting, I think the Curves/Bolds are better options.
    02-01-09 12:21 PM
    I would recommend the storm like this. If you want to play music, watch videos, surf (a little), text a bit, send occassional emails all wrapped up in a phone then I would suggest the storm. But if your a power user (lots of texts and emails) then I would suggest a curve or something with the querty keyboard. I have both Storm and Curve and I prefer the Storm...
    02-01-09 12:48 PM
    I tell most people if they are technically oriented gadget lovers, then get a storm-they will really like it. If they want something that works well as designed, wait a while, the storm is only half-baked. I have very few problems with mine, but I am also everyone else's tech support in my circle of friends. I told my boss he should get a bold-coming from the 8700C. I knew he was not ready to make the shift yet.
    02-01-09 07:20 PM
    For a tech, I sell a lot of storms to customers. I always ask a LOT of questions first, though.
    First and foremost in my questions is asking if they have the patience to stick with the phone through its growing pains, that the phone is as yet far from the potential it has.
    I explain that as a new technology it will have its quirks, and I explain the quirks I've seen thus far. I pretty much walk them through use of the phone with the store demo, explain that they will need to close programs, occasionally pop the battery. I also have a list of different tips & tricks I have learned both here and on my own that I give them. Lastly, we are conducting classes just for new Storm owners here. That has helped a lot.

I think that the Storm may be one of the best smart phones ever made, but you have to put it in the hands of people who can actually use it.
    02-01-09 07:31 PM
    For someone who is already very familiar with the BB OS yes. For a first time BB user nope.
    02-01-09 07:40 PM
    For someone who is already very familiar with the BB OS yes. For a first time BB user nope.
    i think people who r familiar with the os would not like this because of the performance lag, this has been said before that this is for personal use and is not really for power users
    02-01-09 08:19 PM
    i think people who r familiar with the os would not like this because of the performance lag, ...
    Same here... and my opinion comes from observation of our large user base. Most of the folks here that are previous BB users didn't keep the Storm for long. The ones that kept them are mostly fellow techs, or new to the BB, or don't really use their device that much (read VPs who just call their admin-assistant to get them to reply to any urgent emails and such).
    02-01-09 09:01 PM
    If they ask, of course I recommend. This is by far the best phone I've owned. I've been with Verizon for 6 years and had several phones during this time. This is my first BlackBerry and I am simply amazed at all it can do! I will probably never own anything except BlackBerry from now on.
    02-02-09 01:45 AM
    I see all the crybabies just moaning about how horrible this device is, and my question is; why do you still have it?

I love mine, and the shortcomings are minor if anything, being that it is the first ever touch screen BlackBerry. Even still, it delivers everything I count on it for. My Curve had more issues than this, and one Curve died on me for no apparent reason after only 4 weeks of use, my Storm is still kicking & barely has a hint of an issue.
    02-02-09 02:09 AM
    I see all the crybabies just moaning about how horrible this device is, and my question is; why do you still have it?

I love mine, and the shortcomings are minor if anything, being that it is the first ever touch screen BlackBerry. Even still, it delivers everything I count on it for. My Curve had more issues than this, and one Curve died on me for no apparent reason after only 4 weeks of use, my Storm is still kicking & barely has a hint of an issue.
    Well I'm not crying about mine...I totally love it....a few minor issues I'd like to see resolved, but it'll come in time! :P
    02-02-09 08:15 AM
    I recommended it to my GF. But she said that some other people she knew didnt like it because they were having problems with it. I basically said they must be dumb because all that stuff you can work out and fix, and I would have done so for her obviosuly. But she wanted the LG Dare, so whatever makes her happy. At least thats her first touch screen. So she has now made it to the 21st century.
    The only issue I could really see as a problem for women is if they have long finger nails... I assume it would be pretty hard to type if this is the case... especially in qwerty mode.

Just a thought... I love my storm... Since I installed the .99 OS it is better then ever... Battery life has also improved dramatically... Not to mention speed and stability.
    02-02-09 08:21 AM
    This is my first Blackberry, My first Smart Phone... I bought it at launch, found you guys the same day, read alot, cussed it for a week and now I'm in LOVE... I can't see ever owning anything else... The real key to this phone was the Tips and Tricks thread and everything else here on CB...

And yes... I tell everyone who asks that this is the best phone I have ever owned...
    02-02-09 08:36 AM
    I just tell people that it is great for what I want, and that most people still tend to want some form of keyboard...
    02-02-09 09:07 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD