View Poll Results: Do you see an increase in performance overall with your OS upgrades?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 75.00%
  • No

3 18.75%
  • Undecided

1 6.25%
    Please vote if you:

1. Recently upgraded your phone (currently using .103 or higher).
    2. Have upgraded your phone to leaked OS's at least twice before.
    3. Do NOT included hybrid leaks please.
    4. Owned the phone for at least 6 weeks.

Thanks guys.

What is considered increase in overall quality:
    -Decreased usage of battery pulls.
    -Less memory leaks (please note that installing new apps since installing a new OS can decrease memory)
    -Less number of bugs and errors.
    -Faster performance
    -If you feel that any new bugs present, outweigh in annoyance and severity the bugs that the upgrade may have gotten rid of

If anyone is curious as to why I'm asking, I'm going to take the results (once I get at least 30) and perform a one sample z-test to see if I can say with 95% confidence that on average, OS upgrades either upgrade performance or do not change at all (basically saying upgrading OS's don't make things worse).

For each person that votes Yes, you are assigned a value of 1, No is -1 and undecided is 0.

This thread is also in the Rants and Raves section. It is not my intention to duplicate threads but to create a two sample hypothesis test...mainly because I forgot to take into consideration the possibility that the folks who frequent the R&R section don't like their phone anyway so I'd run into some bias.

I figure I'd get a more random mix of folks here (the final results should hopefully show it).

IF YOU VOTED IN THE OTHER THREAD ALREADY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T VOTE IN THIS ONE (AND VICE VERSA!), you'll skew the results.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 03-11-09 at 01:33 PM.
    03-11-09 01:31 PM
    Thanks for the responses so far guys, keep 'em coming!
    03-11-09 01:41 PM
    Thanks guys, TTT to keep the votes coming.
    03-11-09 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD