Just wanted to get some stats on how many people still use OS 4.7 and why not upgrade? I understand 9000 users using 4.7 because of BES but I don't think that applies to Storm users?
    07-07-10 12:01 AM
    My sis has the 4.7. Show now wireless updates. Is updateing the storm only thru the pc to bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 09:57 AM
    Just wanted to get some stats on how many people still use OS 4.7 and why not upgrade? I understand 9000 users using 4.7 because of BES but I don't think that applies to Storm users?
    There could BES stormers, my BES non-storm phone is running state of the art 4.2 OS.

There will be a full range of users, some with the latest compound hybrid OS, probably some out there with the same OS the phone came with. I'd expect the number of Stormers still running 4.7 is a lot higher among the non-CB group though, something about this place makes me want to always upgrade the OS even if the one I have is behaving.

I had good luck with the 4.7.0.167 OS, I could have been ok with that, but then CB got me
    My sis has the 4.7. Show now wireless updates. Is updateing the storm only thru the pc to bb

I think you are asking if using a PC is the only way to upgrade the phone's OS, and if so, the answer is no, you can do it over the air. I've never tried that myself, for a number of reasons. I've got a PC set up with the BB desktop software, and use it to do periodic backups. I's a lot quicker to load the OS onto the phone from a PC, the download over the air direct to the phone is a lot slower. Also, using the PC to update the OS gives you options if something goes wrong.
    07-07-10 12:31 PM
    4.2! Wow, that's classic!
    I've been upgrading like crazy too since I got bitten by the CB bug
    07-07-10 01:25 PM
    Still on 4.7. Found it to be the most stable after trying all the leaks and updates.
    07-07-10 01:55 PM
    I think you are asking if using a PC is the only way to upgrade the phone's OS, and if so, the answer is no, you can do it over the air. I've never tried that myself, for a number of reasons. I've got a PC set up with the BB desktop software, and use it to do periodic backups. I's a lot quicker to load the OS onto the phone from a PC, the download over the air direct to the phone is a lot slower. Also, using the PC to update the OS gives you options if something goes wrong.
    I am pretty sure the upgrade from 4.7 to 5.0 can not be done over the air. I was told that it is too big of a file to do OTA. I could be wrong though.
    07-08-10 04:04 PM
    Still on 4.7. Found it to be the most stable after trying all the leaks and updates.
    You can't be serious? 4.7 is a total fail.

07-09-10 04:13 AM
    My boss is the biggest dip **** in town, he's still running .75, I told him I could bring his phone up to .591/.758 and he said "No". I just laughed and walked away.
    07-12-10 01:45 PM
    I jumped on the 5.xxx train as fast as I could...... oh it seems like it was just yesterday I was installing leaked updates left and right. This kind of BB OS flashing mentality ended up getting me in trouble with my Droid Eris.
    07-13-10 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD