you worked out the kinks and tested it completely. Do not release apps without proper instructions.

Anyone who wants to charge for their app should be made to have a beta test period. Nothing is more frustrating than paying for an app and then it doesn't work as advertised.

CB.com should be way more proactive in monitoring this. There is a huge difference between throwing some code together and actually developing a viable app.

Free apps I don't care. That's why they are free.
    03-05-09 03:46 PM
    This is a good point
    03-05-09 03:52 PM
    Agreed. If you charge for it, it better work as advertised.

I don't mind being a beta-tester/guinea pig with free apps, or pre-release apps but, once you call it "Version 1.0" or higher, and you charge for it, it needs to work.
    03-05-09 03:52 PM
    you worked out the kinks and tested it completely. Do not release apps without proper instructions.

Anyone who wants to charge for their app should be made to have a beta test period. Nothing is more frustrating than paying for an app and then it doesn't work as advertised.

CB.com should be way more proactive in monitoring this. There is a huge difference between throwing some code together and actually developing a viable app.

Free apps I don't care. That's why they are free.
    For the most part, I agree. However, Storm users should not expect a bug-free application (or even one that works completely as advertised) until they have a stable OS out. There won't be a single Storm program that works right now for all users on all OS releases.
    03-05-09 04:12 PM
    For the most part, I agree. However, Storm users should not expect a bug-free application (or even one that works completely as advertised) until they have a stable OS out. There won't be a single Storm program that works right now for all users on all OS releases.
    That and with all the beta's people install, things are going to be hard to program for. Take for example the problem with streaming sound and .75, vs all betas (even though there is a way to program for it, it still is a change in the OS)

Plus, if you don't want to take the time to go through everything, why bother buying it in the first place.
    03-05-09 05:15 PM
    which app caused you to write this post?
    03-05-09 05:18 PM
    Berrybuzz, he's posted like 6 topics on it, all complaining. I posted solutions to most of them.
    03-05-09 05:18 PM
    He is upset about Berrybuzz and for goodness sake, don't hijack his thread, he will get upset!! LOL
    03-05-09 10:51 PM
    Berrybuzz, he's posted like 6 topics on it, all complaining. I posted solutions to most of them.
    All you did was mention how YOU had figured it out. I was referring to the developers themselves, which BTW, have not answered e-mails. They did not provide enough instructions on how to do this. Read all the others who also had issues.

By your standards if you buy a new car and it doesn't work quite right it's ok then because it's a new model.

I'm sorry if I have higher expectations. I am a software development manager in a large company and can assure that we will never release anything as buggy as the Storm or BBuzz. For one thing we would all lose our jobs, and secondly our reputations would be shot.
    03-06-09 08:56 AM
    All you did was mention how YOU had figured it out. I was referring to the developers themselves, which BTW, have not answered e-mails. They did not provide enough instructions on how to do this. Read all the others who also had issues.

By your standards if you buy a new car and it doesn't work quite right it's ok then because it's a new model.

I'm sorry if I have higher expectations. I am a software development manager in a large company and can assure that we will never release anything as buggy as the Storm or BBuzz. For one thing we would all lose our jobs, and secondly our reputations would be shot.
    Would you like some cheese with that wine?
    03-06-09 09:56 AM
    The Storm's OS is buggy, sure. But application-wise, the Storm is very unpredictable to develop for. I'm not sure what specific problems BBuzz is having, but companies have to make some bad decisions for the Storm.

Like if the official OS, .75, has an issue where sound doesn't work. That's fixed on future OS's, but what if you could fix it on .75 (but break it on the unofficial leaked OS's)? Your choice is to put in a hack to have it work on official phones, or leave out the hack and tell customers to upgrade to an unofficial firmware.

Or you could wait to develop the application until a new stable OS was out - but then if a competitor got their app out first, you'd lose recognition. You could release it for free until the OS is stable, but then you'd have a lot of angry people when you need to start charging for it.

Or you could just not release the app at all - And then people will complain that it doesn't exist.

I'm not saying this is what's wrong with BBuzz. But standards are a bit low until we have a better OS.
    03-06-09 11:15 AM
    Would you like some cheese with that wine?
    I would! Send some my way.
    03-06-09 04:19 PM
    I agree 100%, with my free apps I just let you guys test them out lol. With paid apps I spend a lot of time working out the bugs and I have a lot of beta testers help out too.
    03-06-09 04:21 PM
    pass the cheese please.....
    03-06-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD