besat the crap out of my phone last two days (had 48 emails before 10 am, today) 5mb in 9 hours :-)

04-28-09 04:58 PM
    You go to options>memory, and free app is listed there.

Here is a picture of my meterberry log. You can see how fast my phone eats up memory. I have to do a pull every 5 hours or so.

You know I check mine a lot and I started at 42 now I'm down in the 20's. I have noticed that the memory likes to come back in chunks with .132/5.0 hybrid. You should just let your phone be for at least a day and then check the log and see if you are gaining memory. I hover between 20 and 30 throughout the day.
    04-28-09 05:02 PM
    If you are running 132 and the OS is NOT recovering memory as needed then you have an issue (hardware, bad OS install etc).

As has been said, the newer OS's should be recovering memory in gulps (see my screenshot).
    04-28-09 05:57 PM
    Running .132 and these are two screenshots from my phone, its been at 0 for a few hours now, and it is still fully functional and almost as fast as when its in the 20 MB range
    04-28-09 06:07 PM
    I have had the same kind of memory problems with each OS and a lot of apps installed. However, having tried straight .132, BBcrackman v4/.132, and Lyricidal .132/5.0, last night I loaded GraspDesign's .132/5.0 hybrid, and though my memory has dropped by as much as 12MB, it also keeps jumping back up such that, for 8 hours now, I have not dropped below 20MB (which is a record for my device). I have no idea if this OS is what's doing the trick, but it is clearly working well with my many apps.
    04-28-09 07:38 PM
    I'm running .132 and shrunk the OS to get rid of most of the stuff I never use. Also read a thread that if you limit the number of icons on your home screen, it helps. So I've got my home screen down to 12 icons. The rest are in folders or hidden. I did the obligatory batt pull after installing .132 a week ago and initial mem was at 53. I have NOT done a batt pull since then and my mem is currently running around 42. Actually dropped to 37 yesterday and then bounced back. So, great memory after a week without a batt pull.
    I have to believe that the 3rd party apps and themes OR the number of icons on the home page have a lot to do with the memory leak. Would like to hear from someone who has a lot of 3rd party apps but has minimized the icons on the home page to see if that is what helps???
    04-28-09 07:54 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD