So I got my first phone replacement from Asurion, Storm made in Hungary. Great phone, great click minus a huge screen defect in that one of the areas of the screen couldn't recognize or even register touch. Bummer. Called them, they happily sent me a new one the next day.

It's made in Mexico and its great and all...minus there's some ****ty clicking in the middle bottom of the screen. Mainly the space button and the two buttons next to it. They aren't hard to press...I'd say it feels different? But in a bad sort of way compared to my first Storm before it got damaged and then to the Hungary made Storm. I'd call up Asurion and ask them to replace it but I'm afraid of them saying it's "functional" and then charging me 300 dollars for replacing it.... Am I just kinda screwed either way?

Oh and both of these Storms are brand new. So now I have 3 batteries, 3 sets of chargers, and 3 USB cables....lol
    05-14-09 01:21 AM
    Oh and the funny thing is, I did the Torx screw fix, I loosened one screw first since I can't seem to lift the water damage sticker, then retightened the screw and the screen seems better...but it feels like the screen crappy click comes and goes

Or it could just all be in my head
    05-14-09 01:27 AM
    I really really really believe that 90% of all storm replacements are psychosematic ...
    Give it a day or two

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 01:31 AM
    Is there really a screen that clicks even all the way around? I'm on #4 and still haven't found "The One". I would say stick with this one since it's only the space bar and 2 other buttons.
    05-14-09 02:01 AM
    It's actually REALLY noticeable when comparing between Storms. But **** it, I'll keep this one. Least I got 3 storm batteries now....lol
    05-14-09 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD