My father and i both got storms from vzw when we switched over from qwest. I didn't use his phone too much until today and I noticed that his click screen is much more defined and solid feeling. I was able to type better on his phone than my own. Also I have read about peoples end keys falling off and mine must be close. It is not flush with the shell and it wiggles a lot when you touch it (very loose).

My question is, how does the replacement process work? What's the timeline like? Does something actually have to be wrong with it? Does it count as a claim on my insurance?

Any help would be great! Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 01:45 AM
    IF ITS UNDER 30 DAYS THEY WILL GIVE YOU ONE HANDS DOWN NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THATS WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO. I got a replacement, and it had a yellow screen and the click wore out so my next new phone is on its way. make sure u get a new phone not a refurb or one in a brown box. u are entilted to a newbe like its a new order, not a brown box phone.

that is if its under 30 days old, if its over 30 days it still falls under the manufacturers warrenty and u are ellegable for a brown box phone only. insurance is for if u drop it in the crapper and it gets soaked. not for something like this, why pay 50 bucks when its not ur mess up. ill take the 50 off ur hands if u really want to give it away. call 611, and be polite, ask for help, tell them whats up.

i have a great rep, she is caring and very awsome and i only deal with her. if they replace it under the 30 day worry free garentee you should get an email as if u bought a brand new storm. ive gotten 2 of them already lol.
    Last edited by mikells43; 12-23-08 at 01:54 AM.
    12-23-08 01:51 AM
    Thank you for the great info! I assume I can keep using this hand set until the next one arrives?

12-23-08 02:13 AM
    yeah keep it until new one arrives
    12-23-08 02:17 AM
    Thank you for the great info! I assume I can keep using this hand set until the next one arrives?

you should be able to. when you call they should tell you they are sending you one and you send the old one back in the box thats sent. thats what i've heard others have experienced
    12-23-08 02:18 AM
    IF ITS UNDER 30 DAYS THEY WILL GIVE YOU ONE HANDS DOWN NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THATS WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO. I got a replacement, and it had a yellow screen and the click wore out so my next new phone is on its way. make sure u get a new phone not a refurb or one in a brown box. u are entilted to a newbe like its a new order, not a brown box phone.

that is if its under 30 days old, if its over 30 days it still falls under the manufacturers warrenty and u are ellegable for a brown box phone only. insurance is for if u drop it in the crapper and it gets soaked. not for something like this, why pay 50 bucks when its not ur mess up. ill take the 50 off ur hands if u really want to give it away. call 611, and be polite, ask for help, tell them whats up.

i have a great rep, she is caring and very awsome and i only deal with her. if they replace it under the 30 day worry free garentee you should get an email as if u bought a brand new storm. ive gotten 2 of them already lol.
    I have a "new" replacement on the way. The Verizon rep. told me this will be the last "new" replacement I will be able to get.

This is my first replacement. He said my 30 days start when I got my original phone. Any replacements from now on I will get a refurb. I didn't feel this was right since I paid $100 and extended my contract 2 years.

How have you gotten 2 new replacements? Just curious. Thanks in advance.
    12-23-08 03:11 AM
    the referbs are better, all hardware problems get fixed.
    12-23-08 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD