and can I use the an old Motorola TransFlash San Disk to transfer files. I am having no luck. Thanks
    Last edited by calboogi; 12-30-08 at 06:37 PM.
    12-30-08 06:33 PM
    if its a mini SD card. I would format it first using a computer.
    12-30-08 06:41 PM
    Will that OLD Motorola Transflash reader work
    12-30-08 06:43 PM
    I didn't have to format the card that came with the phone.

That being said, when I unproperly disconnected the phone from my Mac, it corrupted the card.

THEN I had to reformat it.

Problem-free since. Definitely eject your BB like any other peripheral device/CD before unplugging (I had a senior moment)
    12-30-08 06:55 PM
    Sorry guys. I suddenly forgot how to operate my damn phone and reverted back to the old days when I had a Mot. E815 and had to remove the memory card.
    12-30-08 07:10 PM
    The storm comes with an 8gb micro sd not a mini sd, the mini sd is physically larger. You don't have to format the memory card since it comes preformatted with the correct folders already on it. If you use another microsd such as a 16gb microsd with the storm, make sure to format it on the storm so that you get the correct folders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 07:28 PM
    I did the same as the guy above and unsafely disconnected the phone, but my phone won't let me format my card. how do I format on a computer? I have a flash drive with a micro sd insert.
    01-02-09 06:40 PM
    nevermind, i'm dumb. I formatted it on my computer, but it still won't work or let me format it on my BlackBerry.
    01-02-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD