im taking my storm back to get a replacement today or tomorrow and was wondering if they see that i have third party apps will it be a problem>? sorry if this has been discussed already, i tried searching and couldnt find anything
    01-18-09 12:06 PM
    I would wipe it if irt were me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 12:10 PM
    im taking my storm back to get a replacement today or tomorrow and was wondering if they see that i have third party apps will it be a problem>? sorry if this has been discussed already, i tried searching and couldnt find anything
    It won't be a problem at all. That is what these devices were meant to be used for but like the other poster said, if they bother you being there delete them.

01-18-09 12:32 PM
    no they dont bother me, was just wondering if it would bother the sales clerk or my warranty lol
    01-18-09 02:10 PM
    It won't be a problem at all. That is what these devices were meant to be used for but like the other poster said, if they bother you being there delete them.

Yes that is what they're meant for, but ultimately it is going to be up to the reps opinion to go forth with getting the replacement.

If I were you, OP, I would back up the whole phone 3rd party apps and all and take it in there with it wiped clean of them. If there really is a problem with the phone (i.e. a 3rd party app not causing the problem) then you should have no problem getting it replaced. $.02
    01-18-09 04:20 PM
    I would back the thing up and wipe it clean like Sandlotje said. That way, if they don't take it back, you can always reload all of your applications. But if you don't wipe it, you may lose a lot of important information.

I know I don't want the info on my phone going to anyone else. If they don't wipe it properly, a lot of personal information can go out. I wouldn't take the chance and I would just wipe it myself.

01-18-09 05:38 PM
    I'd do a mem wipe before returning it. I dont think its problem per se but just more of a protection this IMO
    01-18-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD