It seems like they have went over and beyond with keeping me as a Telus client. Of course, I'm not complaining but I'd like to know if I really do have a good plan.

-- 750 ANYTIME minutes (outgoing only, see next feature)
    -- unlimited incoming calls (sweet!)
    -- early nights and weekends (unlimited after 5pm)
    -- unlimited text messaging (incoming/outgoing)
    -- Caller ID, Voice Mail 3, Call Waiting/Fowarding
    -- unlimited e-mail, IM, and web browsing

After taxes and system access fees, etc., it comes up to be $82CAD per month. ($40 voice + $25 data + fees/taxes)

In summary, I think I have whatever a smartphone can do to its fullest. Other than GPS navigation and downloads, I have everything. Unlimited calling, texting, and data use. I basically have 750 outgoing minutes before 5pm for a month, which is damn plentiful!

With that being said, is this indeed a good monthly rate plan? Am I paying too much? Or is there anything else I'm missing out on?
    03-04-09 12:47 AM
    It seems like they have went over and beyond with keeping me as a Telus client. Of course, I'm not complaining but I'd like to know if I really do have a good plan.

After taxes and system access fees, etc., it comes up to be $82CAD per month. ($40 voice + $25 data + fees/taxes)

In summary, I think I have whatever a smartphone can do to its fullest. Other than GPS navigation and downloads, I have everything. Unlimited calling, texting, and data use. I basically have 750 outgoing minutes before 5pm for a month, which is damn plentiful!

With that being said, is this indeed a good monthly rate plan? Am I paying too much? Or is there anything else I'm missing out on?
    This is a good deal trust me. YES very good deal, with 750 min? it's good.
    03-04-09 12:51 AM
    Enough to be the best for a BB?
    03-04-09 12:53 AM
    Enough to be the best for a BB?
    Yes, now there are no more 750 min. Unless you are a Corp client and it's hard to get with the price and plan you have for a TX in 82 dollars you said? So yes it is a good deal. the 25$ browsing plan DO NOT get rid of it if you browse alot
    03-04-09 12:55 AM
    haha looks like we're following each other around here. To the OP its good for the amount of minutes you have. Sucks they dont have the 15$ u/l data plan anymore. That would just make it so much sweeter.
    Yeah I know! Though, that was only a Christmas season special, and at that time, only the HTC Diamond and Curve 8330 were viable options for me.
    03-04-09 12:55 AM
    haha looks like we're following each other around here. To the OP its good for the amount of minutes you have. Sucks they dont have the 15$ u/l data plan anymore. That would just make it so much sweeter.
    LOL... 15 $ plan doesn't exist anymore. Even me i lost it :P i tried to get it back... escalating it to the pears, no one could get it back. Unless some mistake with the billing happens
    03-04-09 12:56 AM
    Yes, now there are no more 750 min. Unless you are a Corp client and it's hard to get with the price and plan you have for a TX in 82 dollars you said? So yes it is a good deal. the 25$ browsing plan DO NOT get rid of it if you browse alot
    And yes, $82 with all taxes and fees already included. It seems to be so expensive because some people mention plans generally around $55-75 a month?
    03-04-09 12:57 AM
    Yes thats what I said lol...sucks they dont have it anymore. I'm one of the lucky ones You could always try and get a 10$ recurring credit but that might be tough to swing
    How do I get that $10 bill credit? What can I say? Maybe something along the lines that I used to have an HTC Diamond at that time, and I backed out of data usage because I lost it? Hmm...
    03-04-09 12:59 AM
    And yes, $82 with all taxes and fees already included. It seems to be so expensive because some people mention plans generally around $55-75 a month?
    Those people they have the 15 im plan which doesnt include WEB browsing. unless you had the 15 IM unlimited as mentioned below by one of my FRIENDS lol yes you could have saved 10 $ but those people who tell u, u r paying alot. check their minutes! do they have 750 min? NO ! So u r ok. ROGERS charges 100 $ for same thing and now they only give 1GB and not even close to whta you have 750 min.
    03-04-09 01:01 AM
    How do I get that $10 bill credit? What can I say? Maybe something along the lines that I used to have an HTC Diamond at that time, and I backed out of data usage because I lost it? Hmm...
    Dont try, the plan itself doesnt exist anymore. So even if you want that plan. The system doesnt allow to add it. If u wanna have credit just like that? i mean you already have a great plan . dont mess it up
    03-04-09 01:03 AM
    You could try that but they'll know if you actually did have the 15$ promo. If you did (not too sure if you did?) have it then it'll be easier and I would say exactly what you said. But if you didnt then I think you're out of luck.
    I actually did have it, until I replaced my HTC Diamond with a Samsung Instinct a few months back..
    03-04-09 01:04 AM
    Dont try, the plan itself doesnt exist anymore. So even if you want that plan. The system doesnt allow to add it. If u wanna have credit just like that? i mean you already have a great plan . dont mess it up
    LOL, it's not like they will take away what they already gave me... And yeah, you're right about Rogers. I had a Curve 8900 for 3 weeks. I LOVE the phone, but just couldn't handle Rogers outrageous bills and their customer service. I'm gonna stick with Telus for life now..
    03-04-09 01:05 AM
    hahah...yup that 15$ email and IM only isnt quite as nice to have as my unlimited data. You pretty much get everything else credited so you're paying for the voice plan (good deal) and data ($25 is still good and only offered through retentions), so all in all you did very well. The only way you could get any cheaper is lowering your base plan. But then again you'd have far less minutes so just keep things how they are.
    And yeah, I did think I already have most if not ALL the features Telus can offer.. Pretty much everything is given to me for free.
    03-04-09 01:07 AM
    Yeah like m FRIEND stated above the $15 code isnt in the system any more. But I've heard a few stories of people getting that 10$ credit because at one point in time they had the 15$ promo, but switched from a winmo device to a bb, and vice versa.

But if you went from winmo to winmo, or bb to bb, you were able to keep the $15 unlimited.
    hmmm.. I guess it's worth a shot. I can just say that my friend or brother has that $15 plan, in which at some point I had, but lost it in the process of switching phones.
    03-04-09 01:10 AM
    Yeah like m FRIEND stated above the $15 code isnt in the system any more. But I've heard a few stories of people getting that 10$ credit because at one point in time they had the 15$ promo, but switched from a winmo device to a bb, and vice versa.

But if you went from winmo to winmo, or bb to bb, you were able to keep the $15 unlimited.
    It happened to me and i couldnt get it back, and i can make things happen @ TELUS. So if u get it please add mine too :P
    03-04-09 01:10 AM
    BTW, off topic.. Do you think I'll be able to request a replacement phone (Storm) for a dust under the screen reason?
    03-04-09 01:13 AM
    hmmm.. I guess it's worth a shot. I can just say that my friend or brother has that $15 plan, in which at some point I had, but lost it in the process of switching phones.
    Can i call u to fix my line ... no seriously, u have a geat plan as consumer non corp. trust me. Dont bother for the 10$ dont play with ur plan and on the way fixing things. It would be messed up. Dont forget reps at client care= customer support are limited to what they can do. even if you want to have the 15$ plan IT DOES NOT EXIST no more. was deleted from system. But if you call to have 10$ credit. would you think a rep is gona give you 10$ off everymonth just like that> ? i mean you already have a great plan. Please dont make me work more by getting ur escalation tomorrow lol hehehe
    03-04-09 01:13 AM
    Can i call u to fix my line ... no seriously, u have a geat plan as consumer non corp. trust me. Dont bother for the 10$ dont play with ur plan and on the way fixing things. It would be messed up. Dont forget reps at client care= customer support are limited to what they can do. even if you want to have the 15$ plan IT DOES NOT EXIST no more. was deleted from system. But if you call to have 10$ credit. would you think a rep is gona give you 10$ off everymonth just like that> ? i mean you already have a great plan. Please dont make me work more by getting ur escalation tomorrow lol hehehe
    Hahha okay. I am pretty happy how Telus helps me out for the most part. And I speak mostly to the Loyalty department.
    03-04-09 01:14 AM
    anybody else with an opinion?
    03-04-09 11:42 AM
    Thread got just a little hijacked, eh?

Well, as a very long time Telus user with lots of usage each month I switched from dumbphone to BB in Jan. I got :

- All you get, except only 700 minutes outgoing
    - Plus Telus Nav free
    - Plus 25 min LDist free
    - Plus local & national Telus-Telus free
    - Additional LDist $.30/min

Total $90/mo plus SAF & taxes. Overall I think you got a slightly better deal than I did, but it depends in your usage. Free Telus-Telus local/national saves me a ton. And since I think I got a pretty sweet deal I'd say you did too.

- R.
    03-04-09 08:36 PM
    Quite good..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD