I've had my Storm since early March and I really don't get all the hate with the Storm. Some people complain about freezing and crashes, mad memory leaks and daily battery pulls. I bought mine with os 76 from Bell and upgraded to the official 122 from bell. Here's what I did and the apps I installed on my Storm.

-Uninstalled all games, apps and languages I didn't need.
    -Hide some apps I don't need but cant delete (shut Down, phone, search, setup ect..)
    -Set up two email inboxes.
    -Apps instaled: Opera Mini, Bolt, Youtube, Facebook, WeatherEye, Extra Light, Google Maps, BBFileScout, QuickPull, StormOTA, QuickLaunch. (11 apps).
    -using default theme.
    -28 Icons in my full menu list.

I used to do battery(quickPull) every Saturday, just once a week. My memory is at around 45Mb on start up, then stays in the 30's for a few days and after a week its usually in the low 20's and I do a quick pull. Right now I'm on my 8th day with no battery or quick pull and my memory is at 28MB, it was in the high teens yesterday (15-19MB) and today it jumped back up to 28MB.

Battery usually last me 2 days, I charge overnight every other night or everyday when I use it allot.

I never had a single crash or freeze. Never did my Storm not allow me to do what I wanted to do with it. I use it for work and my personal life, so my calendar has my friends b-day parties, some dates for UFC events as well as clients meetings, so I do use it allot.

I keep it in the holster when not using it most of the time.

Do I just have one of the good ones, because my experience with the Storm is nothing like some users on here. I have had NOTHING go wrong, not even a texting lag when typing long emails...
    05-13-09 02:56 PM
    I've had my Storm since early March and I really don't get all the hate with the Storm. Some people complain about freezing and crashes, mad memory leaks and daily battery pulls. I bought mine with os 76 from Bell and upgraded to the official 122 from bell. Here's what I did and the apps I installed on my Storm.

-Uninstalled all games, apps and languages I didn't need.
    -Hide some apps I don't need but cant delete (shut Down, phone, search, setup ect..)
    -Set up two email inboxes.
    -Apps instaled: Opera Mini, Bolt, Youtube, Facebook, WeatherEye, Extra Light, Google Maps, BBFileScout, QuickPull, StormOTA, QuickLaunch. (11 apps).
    -using default theme.
    -28 Icons in my full menu list.

I used to do battery(quickPull) every Saturday, just once a week. My memory is at around 45Mb on start up, then stays in the 30's for a few days and after a week its usually in the low 20's and I do a quick pull. Right now I'm on my 8th day with no battery or quick pull and my memory is at 28MB, it was in the high teens yesterday (15-19MB) and today it jumped back up to 28MB.

Battery usually last me 2 days, I charge overnight every other night or everyday when I use it allot.

I never had a single crash or freeze. Never did my Storm not allow me to do what I wanted to do with it. I use it for work and my personal life, so my calendar has my friends b-day parties, some dates for UFC events as well as clients meetings, so I do use it allot.

I keep it in the holster when not using it most of the time.

Do I just have one of the good ones, because my experience with the Storm is nothing like some users on here. I have had NOTHING go wrong, not even a texting lag when typing long emails...
    Ummmm not everyone has had a poor experience with the Storm. Have you read any of the posts by people saying they haven't had any issues since they got it? If not, keep reading, there are loads of them.
    05-13-09 03:10 PM
    I know what you mean OP

sometimes it's hard to see how people could manage to mess up their phones so bad in such little time... the way i see it, the Storm has attracted a lot of casual users to the BB crowd.

These are the same kind of kids that whine because they keep getting viruses on their PC and have trouble configuring their email client or installing an OS on their comp.

They come to BBs (inherently complex devices) and go install crazy. Themes, apps, config settings. They dont know, nor care to learn how to take care of the software on their device. Then they whine when it's bogged down.

Again, this is not ALWAYS the case (the storm has problems, no doubt) but maaaan most of the problems THESE kind of users report is a joke to the rest of us.
    05-13-09 03:20 PM
    Nope, I have two of them that are good...one is from November and one is from December and is a rebuild that I did (badly damaged by someone). While there are a few minor glitches, both have been well behaved and the only real problems with either were caused by my own stupid actions or third party apps.
    05-13-09 03:28 PM
    I agree with the above. I have never had serious issues with mine. Small stuff yes but it hasnt rebooted for like a month on me now.

I hvae a couple friends that have storms and they are running .75 and dont have any problems either. I think the majority of problems is what people load onto them. I mean i admit there are glitches and such but some of the problems i have seen are here have to be because people are picky or do not know what they are doing when the do OS upgrades and install tons of useless apps.
    05-13-09 03:36 PM
    Ive had two(one stolen) and they both perfomed really well. Only problem i have is that im a 3rd party addict as well and i try to push the phone to the limit, but when my senses kick in and delete the useless ones, it works great....
    05-13-09 03:36 PM
    Ive had two(one stolen) and they both perfomed really well. Only problem i have is that im a 3rd party addict as well and i try to push the phone to the limit, but when my senses kick in and delete the useless ones, it works great....
    hehehe therein lies the problem

most of the users here are senseless
    05-13-09 03:37 PM
    I completely love my Storm, and can't imagine life without it (nor can I imagine life using an older BB).
    I agree, a lot of the problems stem from installing useless apps or themes and overloading it. The same can be said for computers, and the BB (or any smartphone) is essentially a computer.
    Not a Nokia phone with Worm game.
    05-13-09 03:43 PM
    I have also had no problems with my Storm, my first one.
    Started with .75, .132, and now .141. I love this phone so
    much that my wife is jealous of my Storm
    05-13-09 04:16 PM
    I have also had no problems with my Storm, my first one.
    Started with .75, .132, and now .141. I love this phone so
    much that my wife is jealous of my Storm
    Be careful now...I've heard the Storm has been causing a lot of relationship break-ups lately
    The New Hot mistress in town!
    05-13-09 04:18 PM
    The good thing is she does not know how to work it.
    Whats really funny about that is she's in I T
    Last edited by maserati13; 05-13-09 at 04:29 PM.
    05-13-09 04:26 PM
    The good thing is she does not know how to work it.
    Whats really funny about that is she's in I T
    Hahahaha.
    My mom is wondering if she should get one, since I have one , and my father's getting one too. But I said.....mom you can barely use a computer!
    Lol. It can be complicated if you're not tech savy.
    05-13-09 04:32 PM
    Be careful now...I've heard the Storm has been causing a lot of relationship break-ups lately
    The New Hot mistress in town!
    I have a release day storm. Ten to fifteen 3rd party apps. Three themes. Verizon .75 runs great. I do an old fashion batt. Pull every two days. I have no waiting no lag works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 04:40 PM
    I, as well, have yet to have an unpleasurable experience with me Stormie. Sometimes I like to just hold it and look at it....feel its soft veluptious skin....caress its beauty...push its beautiful shiny buttons...wipe it down with............

Oops...wrong forum....

Yea mine rocks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 04:44 PM
    I never had any real problems but I used to hate my Storm (it was sluggish, etc).

But then I set up .141 / 5.0 with teh minimal bold them for the Storm and now I am still not over how awesome the phone is several weeks later. It really is a superior phone, it just took a little work to get it up to snuff.
    05-13-09 04:49 PM
    What is the best link to update the OS system? I'm running 75 and there a pretty long lags? Is 132 pretty stable
    05-13-09 05:11 PM
    I got a Storm about a month after it was released. Was a total POS. Slow, locked up all the time no matter what software. Just got a new one locally last night (too good to pass up) and WOW what a difference. I might actually consider the Storm now...
    05-13-09 06:48 PM
    I would think the majority of them are *good ones* or there would of been a recall, but i do think they have some quality control issues with it. mine was useless, and i had NO third part apps at all installed. im sure a lot of the people complaining are just upset it didn't live up to there expectation, but others have legitimate issues with theres...

its never a good idea to base a judgment on anything based off what you read on the internet....
    05-13-09 08:34 PM
    What is the best link to update the OS system? I'm running 75 and there a pretty long lags? Is 132 pretty stable
    yeah i went from 75 to 132 and am so glad i did. its so much faster and everything is generally better. its like a whole new phone!
    05-15-09 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD