Hi folks,

Today I had my Storm I in a pocket in my purse. When I took it out a few hours later (about 2-3 hours) I found it was completely dead. When I originally stuck it in the pocket it had about half a battery charge and maybe a little more. Since it wasn't used while in my purse pocket imagine my surprise when I took it out and found it so dead it wouldn't even turn on.

The battery is fairly new, perhaps 6mos old or so, so it should *not* have gone dead. Hubby thinks when I stuck it in my purse I may have activated something that stayed on and this is what drained the battery. He could very well be right, but I don't know for sure.

Anyway, since I couldn't turn it on and the battery is pretty new, I tried plugging it in. After a few min I got a white screen with that "dead battery" icon (blue empty battery w/like a lightening bolt through the middle). I left it alone for probably 7-10 min and it then seemed to go into regular "boot mode" and eventually the screen showed my clock. I then turned it off using Quick Pull ... not the complete OFF just the hibernate kind of OFF. When I got up about 5 hours later, phone seemed to have taken the charge and has been working since.

Since I have very little time to run to the Verizon store to buy a new battery (the store's like 30mi away one way) I'd have to actually plan for the trip SOON cuz I can't be w/o my Stormy. I'm wondering what I've described sounds logical and that the battery is probably ok or if that white screen only shows up with there's a major problem or a battery due to die permanently?

Thanks
    06-07-10 04:42 AM
    More than likely what killed it was the phone constantly searching for a signal. Make sure you have your GPS turned to 911 and not on. Are you running 5.0? There have been battery issues on 5.0 but nothing as drastic as you described.
    06-08-10 02:35 PM
    The last app I installed is a trial of Empower Email Viewer a few days ago. Prior to that was Poynt probably about a week or so ago.

I remember having to make a selection when installing Poynt regarding the GPS, don't remember what the selections were or what I chose. In checking my Options --> Advanced --> GPS I find GPS Data Source, only selection is Device GPS. I find GPS Services which has E911 Only and Location On. I find Location Aiding which is set to Enabled. I changed Location On to E911 Only as that was the only drop down that offered any 911 setting selection. My battery still drained very quickly, like maybe 5-6 hours and it was completely dead.

I have now deleted/uninstalled Poynt and am currently rebooting after uninstalling Empower to see if that makes a difference. I can see where Poynt might have something to do w/this problem but not the Empower Email Viewer unless there's something I don't know.

Are there any other settings or options I should be looking at? Do I have the GPS settings set correctly before I go back to Verizon and request they replace the battery since other than what I've explained, this seems to be a faulty battery if these deletions don't cure the problem. Previously my battery would last 2-3 days before I really needed to recharge although I most often recharge once a day even if it doesn't need it.
    06-13-10 08:36 AM
    Hey
    Other than the gps you should go to options>mobile network and turn off while in roming that will save battery.

Also I have another problem i nucked my blackberry and my blackberry desktop manager whont allow me to install the software. It says that a fatal error occured while upgrading my device and when I try to do it through the app loader it says that a bb device manager must de installed but ive allready installed it what can i do my bb device is a bb storm 9530
    Thanks
    07-26-10 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD