The battery life for my storm 2 is terrible. I went to bed and with a full battery and woke up with one and a half bars. Am I supposed to turn it off when I sleep? Or do I have a bad battery?
    04-22-10 12:53 PM
    Hold the menu button and make sure you don't have any applications running. I made the mistake of accidentally leaving Poynt running while I was at work and it kept trying to acquire my GPS and drained the crap out of my battery over around 6 hours.
    04-22-10 12:58 PM
    Options > Mobile network > Set network technology to 1XEV
    04-22-10 01:00 PM
    How do I turn off an app?
    04-22-10 01:02 PM
    Well if you hold the menu button and realize there is something running select the application press menu button then either exit or close. If you just hit the Red button on the bottom right it DOES NOT close the program completely.
    04-22-10 01:04 PM
    Hit the blackberry key and select close or exit. If you want to know which ones are running in the background, hold down the blackberry key and a list will pop up. Browser, phone, home, BBM, and messages will always be running. The rest should be able to be closed.
    04-22-10 01:05 PM
    City ID is refusing to close. It wont even let me close it.
    04-22-10 01:10 PM
    and if your in an area with poor coverage it will try and find a good signal constantly. Do you have the network settings on GSM, Global or 1XEV?
    04-22-10 01:11 PM
    and if your in an area with poor coverage it will try and find a good signal constantly. Do you have the network settings on GSM, Global or 1XEV?
    1XEV As of just a few minutes ago.
    04-22-10 01:12 PM
    CITY ID is just a app that tells you what city a call comes from. I think you only get a month trial period then you have to pay. You can delete that from the apps section if you want.

I would recommend you to this thread. Lots of good information.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...tricks-352700/
    04-22-10 01:16 PM
    Thanks people.
    04-22-10 01:17 PM
    Yes you could have a few apps running in the background, make sure to menu > close vs just hitting the end key when exiting an app. Also if you live/work somewhere with poor reception your phone could be searching continuously for a signal which is a huge wear on the battery life. Using the pouch that came with my phone (curve) i can put the phone to sleep and it helps conserve the battery life, but still utilizes the alarms
    04-22-10 01:20 PM
    Changing from Global to 1XEV should make a world of difference. Give it a full charge or two and see how it works.
    04-22-10 01:32 PM
    Well if you hold the menu button and realize there is something running select the application press menu button then either exit or close. If you just hit the Red button on the bottom right it DOES NOT close the program completely.
    This helped me!!! Thank you!
    04-30-10 08:39 AM
    My battery will last atleast 2 days but then again I'm not what you would call a heavy user.

BKVic
    04-30-10 08:58 AM
    And always leave it plugged it all night. It won't hurt the phone or the battery, and it will help your battery life. There some threads here already about the battery life and why you should charge overnight. Try a search of the forums and you'll find your questions have already been answered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD