I'm heading out in a few days to a city I do not know well, and want to place some landmark addresses into the system so I can quickly grab directions/maps. I can find it all online with mapquest in less than a minute.

With BBMaps and Google Maps, it seems as though there is no easy way to input addresses outside your own area (place star on map, duh).

Should be a lot easier. I have about 5 points of interest, all with complete addresses, and I'd love to find a way to get them in there so I can grab directions with the BB if I need to while traveling.

Anyone else have better experience? Am I missing something?

TIA
    02-14-09 04:11 PM
    I found it possible to label favorites in Google Maps, definitely not easy though.

I deleted BBMaps. Even with GPS navigation, it was way too clunky
    02-14-09 04:30 PM
    I've found it to be as easy as entering a location in search > show on map > add to favorites and the location is there. works the same way in both google maps and bb maps
    02-14-09 04:49 PM
    Yes so I drop the cash and picked up Garmin. I'm glad I did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 05:19 PM
    Poynt works well with gps and either bb or google maps.. lets you find your position and mark it as a favorite.
    02-14-09 05:36 PM
    Only problem I have with bb maps is how slow it is... Makes it unusable when in the car...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 05:46 PM
    BB maps is sooo slow.. i would use google maps but it doesnt pinpoint my location very well
    02-14-09 09:05 PM
    yup.. Still no good (free) solution. Congrats VZ.
    02-14-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD