I thought I saw a thread about this, but I searched and can't find it. Anytime I do a battery pull or the phone reboots itself, either because I install an app, or it just decides it wants to reboot, when it's done, the battery is down A LOT. Sometimes 20%! Is this normal? Does a reset and reboot really take that much out of the battery?

Running .75 by the way
    Last edited by jep0617; 04-30-09 at 05:08 AM.
    04-30-09 04:59 AM
    Yes a BP will suck up some battery but it shouldn't suck up more than 5% or so. 20 is a bit much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 06:01 AM
    I thought I saw a thread about this, but I searched and can't find it. Anytime I do a battery pull or the phone reboots itself, either because I install an app, or it just decides it wants to reboot, when it's done, the battery is down A LOT. Sometimes 20%! Is this normal? Does a reset and reboot really take that much out of the battery?

Running .75 by the way
    Yeah when I had .75 it went down like around 10 percent but now its more reasonable, around 5%. That's on os .131

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 06:19 AM
    I think YES, the Battery Pulls WILL kill the battery. I had a problem a while back and was doing an excessive amount of BP's.

Right now I am having the sudden shut down and re-boot problem. This was driving me crazy. I thought it had something to do with the holster sensors, since it would seem to happen when I hold the phone there, or when I take the phone out of the holster. I thought maybe there was some sort of polarity issue with the sensors.

Shut downs never happened when I have the phone in the rubber jacket. I thought the jacket insulated the sensors from intereaction.

But I started having a bunch shutdowns today when it wasnt being used. I thought maybe the battery was loose So I wedged a piece of paper in the back and it helped, but was not perfect.

I examined the battery and indeed, the contacts are "scored" from the contacts on the phone. I'm off to the ATT store to see if a battery swap does the trick.
    04-24-10 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD