I have the 9530 and our company used a POP3 service for email but moved to a new provider yesterday morning. This means they changed the MX record on the DNS to point to the provider. If a new email arrives at the old email service I get it on the blackberry but if it arrives at the new provider it is not pick up by the blackberry. I can assume that my blackberry has not been updated for the new DNS. Does anyone know how long this should take? The vast majority (99%) of my emails are finding the new provider.
    One other point the new service in imap not pop3 could this present a problem?
    02-26-09 05:30 PM
    I would guess it should take 24-48 hours. That was my experience when we changed servers. It took about 30 hours.
    02-26-09 05:40 PM
    I have the 9530 and our company used a POP3 service for email but moved to a new provider yesterday morning. This means they changed the MX record on the DNS to point to the provider. If a new email arrives at the old email service I get it on the blackberry but if it arrives at the new provider it is not pick up by the blackberry. I can assume that my blackberry has not been updated for the new DNS. Does anyone know how long this should take? The vast majority (99%) of my emails are finding the new provider.
    One other point the new service in imap not pop3 could this present a problem?
    You might need to delete the account and readd it in BIS. Otherwise, it will try to connect to a non-existant POP3 server.

EDIT: MX records are unrelated to inbound mail. Also, see if there is an advanced options option in BIS. You might be able to change to an IMAP server there.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by nick125; 02-26-09 at 06:16 PM.
    02-26-09 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD