I was using my the newer operating on my unlocked storm 9530, but was unable to use MMS. So I I tried CrackUtil, and that did not work. So I tried Method two, but it did not have my newer OS. So I downgraded my OS and tried CrackUtil again. Now DM won't let me install my newer OS, and I don't have MMS. I've been at this all day, and have not been able to figure it out.
    08-18-10 06:21 PM
    dont use dm. go into ur C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and launch Loader.exe, and make sure you delete ur Vendor file
    08-18-10 11:28 PM
    dont use dm. go into ur C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and launch Loader.exe, and make sure you delete ur Vendor file
    I got to there, but I don't know what to load. Do I have to have my OS on my PC. If so I don't know where to get it I've been looking. BTW thanks for the reply
    08-19-10 03:17 PM
    08-19-10 03:58 PM
    I tried that 101 thing, but it brings me to a site to download the OS, but the only download is the Desktop Manager.
    08-21-10 12:04 PM
    Do you have the correct apn settings in from your current provider (for the MMS)??

I would install the new OS on your PC, delete the vendor.xml file. But the best way is to back it up > run loader.exe > plug your phone with no battery > it will say unknown pin > click next > choose what you want to install > then pop the battery in as soon as you use waiting for initialization. I believe its the secound step in the intall. Hope that helps.
    What is the apn setting?
    08-21-10 12:05 PM
    Ok I guess my main problem now is that I can't find a place that I can download the OS. Every link I found brings me to the same Verizon site, but it is not there.
    08-21-10 12:06 PM
    Ok I guess my main problem now is that I can't find a place that I can download the OS. Every link I found brings me to the same Verizon site, but it is not there.
    If you are wanting to go back to 328, then the following link will bring you to the Verizon download site:

BlackBerry® Software Updates

You should also be able to access official OS's from the RIM site.
    08-21-10 01:13 PM
    If you are wanting to go back to 328, then the following link will bring you to the Verizon download site:

You should also be able to access official OS's from the RIM site.
    I tried that, but I get the message that I get when I do it on DM: this up grade "is only available to useres with an active BlackBerry subscription." I really don't feel like paying more money. is the .797 any good maybe I should just do that?
    08-22-10 03:37 PM
    Personally I think either 591 or 797 are much better than 328.

Good luck and have fun with your new OS.
    08-22-10 10:28 PM
    Ok I finally got it on my PC, but now I can't find it when I get into AppLoader?
    08-22-10 10:28 PM
    Ok I finally got it on my PC, but now I can't find it when I get into AppLoader?
    So, you downloaded the file and ran the install by double clicking the file you downloaded?
    08-23-10 07:55 AM
    So, you downloaded the file and ran the install by double clicking the file you downloaded?
    Yes. Now if I go to Uninstall Programs in Control Panel I can see it, but I don't know where the file is on my PC, a search for it won't find it, and i can't find it in apploader.
    08-23-10 09:25 AM
    It should be in Program Files\Common files\Research In Motion\

Both Apploader and Vendor.xml should be there. If the program installed correctly apploader should find the OS by itself. You shouldn't have to look for it.
    08-23-10 10:08 AM
    As Valorian explained it is not in AppLoader. If you want to verify that it is installed on your computer look in:

Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files

You should see a folder for each Os installed on your computer. To install one of those OS's go back up to the AppLoader folder, delete the Vendor file (near the bottom of the list) and then double click on the Loader.exe file. The loading process should start.

I recommend removing any OS you do not intend to use. Remove them from the Control panel, don't just delete the folder.

Good luck.
    08-23-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD