Hi All.
    I'm trying to backup my Storm in preparation for the release today.

Whenever its close to the end of the backup, Vista pops a message up that the DM stopped responding and closes.

Has anyone else had this problem and do you know how to fix it?

Thanks!
    05-31-09 01:04 PM
    I would uninstall and reinstall DM. It's known to have a ton of issues.
    05-31-09 01:06 PM
    I would uninstall and reinstall DM. It's known to have a ton of issues.
    Thank You!
    05-31-09 01:08 PM
    Also, a common problem people run into during backing up is that DM tells you the backup failed while on the browser cache. To fix this issue simply clear your browser's cache and try it again.
    05-31-09 01:09 PM
    very interesting
    Alright, man. Stop trying to get your post count up. All you're doing is cluttering the forums. If you don't stop posting unnecessarily, then I'll report you to a mod so they can take care of you.
    05-31-09 01:17 PM
    Clearing the Browser Cache didn't work. I'll reinstall and see if they works.
    05-31-09 01:18 PM
    Another problem that I know of in Vista is the Data Execution Prevention.

Right click on "My Computer" and go to "Properties". Then click "Advanced System Settings." Then on the "Advanced" tab under "Performance" click "Settings." Go to the "Data Execution Prevention" tab and add DM to the list of exceptions.

DEP messes with a lot of programs. I'm not sure if it's your problem, but it's worth giving it a shot.
    05-31-09 01:29 PM
    Another problem that I know of in Vista is the Data Execution Prevention.

Right click on "My Computer" and go to "Properties". Then click "Advanced System Settings." Then on the "Advanced" tab under "Performance" click "Settings." Go to the "Data Execution Prevention" tab and add DM to the list of exceptions.
    It worked fine with my Curve. It just seems to not like the Storm. I'm reinstalling DM now. I'll post how it turns out.
    05-31-09 01:31 PM
    It worked fine with my Curve. It just seems to not like the Storm. I'm reinstalling DM now. I'll post how it turns out.
    Alright man. Good luck and sorry I couldn't be more help. Yes please let us know how it goes.
    05-31-09 01:34 PM
    The Reinstall didn't work. It crashed when its about half way through "Backing up On Board Device Memory"
    05-31-09 01:43 PM
    I doubt anyone is running it,but if you have a Sprint data card to get on the internet,and use Sprint "Smart View" to connect it will crash DM while trying to update.In this case I just close Smart View and connect through the built-in windows connection manager.
    05-31-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD