I wish I had some other complaint about the 9530, but I don't have one in my hands yet, so I am a little upset about that.

But just to throw something out...

How many new VZW customers sent their first 9530s in for replacements and got it, while the rest of us existing VZW customers with 8830s/8330s/etc are waiting for our first one?

By looking at some of the posts around here and looking at the "Forum Join Date", it seems a bunch of new customers are up a creek with their "broken" 9530.

As for the rest of us folks with older BBs, I know we already have a VZW device we can fall back on if our new (first) 9530 ever does arrive.

In the same vein...how many of these replacements going back to VZW would actually be returned by existing BB users. I feel like all these new customers were expecting the perfection and went for a replacement rather than wait for an OTA update which very well may fix their problem.

I just hope us first timers end up getting some refurbed piece of crap that has already been deemed a fail from a new user.
    12-03-08 11:45 PM
    And the question of the day....what was the point of this post?
    12-03-08 11:53 PM
    And the question of the day....what was the point of this post?
    Just curious as to the resources that are being used on VZWs side to rush more units out the door to new customers with returns while other are waiting on their first one.

Inference isn't something discussed in Huskie 101.

The point was to get some special person from Sprint like you to read it...
    12-04-08 12:08 AM
    Just curious as to the resources that are being used on VZWs side to rush more units out the door to new customers with returns while other are waiting on their first one.

Inference isn't something discussed in Huskie 101.

The point was to get some special person from Sprint like you to read it...

It's all about keeping the new customers. And I'm pretty sure from reading the forums that there have been some set aside for returns.

And FYI...the rest of that post was totally uncalled for. You know nothing about me nor my school. Plus, there are already many threads about this where you could have posted instead of starting a new thread.

The search button is your friend.
    12-04-08 12:12 AM
    It's all about keeping the new customers. And I'm pretty sure from reading the forums that there have been some set aside for returns.

And FYI...the rest of that post was totally uncalled for. You know nothing about me nor my school. Plus, there are already many threads about this where you could have posted instead of starting a new thread.

The search button is your friend.
    From what you do advertise about yourself, you are a proud Huskie and a Sprint/Nextel guy. Apologies for inferring anything about you from that.

And actually, there are no other threads in the 9530 forum dealing with the replacements leaving the warehouse versus the new ones leaving the warehouse.

The new customer thing really chaps me...
    12-04-08 12:19 AM
    Come on now. You had to start yet another thread about this??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 12:21 AM
    From what you do advertise about yourself, you are a proud Huskie and a Sprint/Nextel guy. Apologies for inferring anything about you from that.

And actually, there are no other threads in the 9530 forum dealing with the replacements leaving the warehouse versus the new ones leaving the warehouse.

The new customer thing really chaps me...
    Well, when you've gone through what we went through last Valentine's day and I saw the community come together, you'd be pretty damn proud to be a Huskie as well.

And if you read some of my posts, I'm not entirely happy with Sprint. Dropped calls, no reception in marked full coverage areas, etc.

As for the other threads...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...d-read-103318/
    12-04-08 12:24 AM
    Come on now. You had to start yet another thread about this??

It's a little different...

Seriously though. With the volume of new customers sending theirs back and after VZW kissed their **** to get them as customers, who do you think will be first priority now - replacing new customers 9530s or getting first ones to previous customers?
    12-04-08 12:25 AM
    It's a little different...

Seriously though. With the volume of new customers sending theirs back and after VZW kissed their **** to get them as customers, who do you think will be first priority now - replacing new customers 9530s or getting first ones to previous customers?
    Just remember: vzw is a business, and new lines of activation is where the money is. This isn't about loyalty to existing vustomers; they are out to make dollars.

12-04-08 12:29 AM
    Well, when you've gone through what we went through last Valentine's day and I saw the community come together, you'd be pretty damn proud to be a Huskie as well.

And if you read some of my posts, I'm not entirely happy with Sprint. Dropped calls, no reception in marked full coverage areas, etc.

As for the other threads...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...d-read-103318/
    Roger - well said.

If you are in a contract, I would break it to come rushing this way, IMHO.

Good thread, didn't pick that one up in search.

Looks like I am just another mouth making stupid observations and seeing the evidence to back up my claims.
    12-04-08 12:36 AM
    Just remember: vzw is a business, and new lines of activation is where the money is. This isn't about loyalty to existing vustomers; they are out to make dollars.

Thanks. I took jenaywins 101 yesterday - remember?
    12-04-08 12:37 AM
    Thanks. I took jenaywins 101 yesterday - remember?
    I'm just making sure you got what you needed out of the class. Carry on.

12-04-08 12:39 AM
    I'm just making sure you got what you needed out of the class. Carry on.

Apparently not - I came back for my review session.

Ok. I promise to shut up about this situation.
    12-04-08 12:43 AM
    Apparently not - I came back for my review session.

Ok. I promise to shut up about this situation.
    Lol. Failed the quiz, did you?

Anyhow. No need to shut up - I understand where you're coming from. Sad truth is, vzw, as with any other large company, just doesn't care. Bastages.

12-04-08 12:44 AM
    pointless bickering...
    12-04-08 12:45 AM
    Lol. Failed the quiz, did you?

Anyhow. No need to shut up - I understand where you're coming from. Sad truth is, vzw, as with any other large company, just doesn't care. Bastages.

Maybe once the dust settles we can actually make a determination what happened with this release.

Don't get me wrong, I've turned in my fair share of BBs for refurbs, but within the first day, two days, week of having it? Nope. You get on here, look around, find some tweaks and see if you can fix it yourself. I guess I just lay blame on...F it...you know where I lay blame.
    12-04-08 12:50 AM
    pointless bickering...
    Pointless reply to a pointless bicker.
    12-04-08 12:51 AM
    pointless bickering...
    Pointless reply.

We aren't bickering, we are joking. But hey - way to join a thread! Woot.

12-04-08 12:51 AM
    Pointless reply.

We aren't bickering, we are joking. But hey - way to join a thread! Woot.

Are you in line to get the 9530?
    12-04-08 12:55 AM
    Are you in line to get the 9530?
    To be honest, yes - eventually. I was all over the storm bandwagon before I heard about and experienced all the issues the device suffers. I would rather wait this whole fiasco out and purchase a more stable device down the line.

12-04-08 12:58 AM
    To be honest, yes - eventually. I was all over the storm bandwagon before I heard about and experienced all the issues the device suffers. I would rather wait this whole fiasco out and purchase a more stable device down the line.

Word.

I just canceled my order for my 9530s and loaded OS 4.8.00.11 and installed a touchscreen and colored trackball on my 8830.

I stream 1080 TV using 4G technology straight to my phone.

Good night.
    12-04-08 01:03 AM
    Word.

I just canceled my order for my 9530s and loaded OS 4.8.00.11 and installed a touchscreen and colored trackball on my 8830.

I stream 1080 TV using 4G technology straight to my phone.

Good night.
    Be careful with all those upgrades - you only have 64MB of flash memoury to work with.

Nighty night.

12-04-08 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD