All,

Not sure if anyone has tried this but if you have your internet enabled DishNetwork receiver hooked up and want to access your DVR, the BOLT browser is able to access the site. I have been trying to get into for it days and have just figured it out. Didnt know if anyone else was looking for this, although it doesnt qualify as an app I guess.
    07-27-09 11:57 AM
    I was so excited to find out I could set my DVR via the internet / my phone. But I don't have a home phone... so I can't do it. Boo.
    07-27-09 01:19 PM
    I was so excited to find out I could set my DVR via the internet / my phone. But I don't have a home phone... so I can't do it. Boo.
    All you need is for your DVR to be hooked up to your internet via a LAN connection. No need for home phone .
    07-27-09 01:22 PM
    Good find, thank you. I have been waiting for this to come out.
    08-04-09 01:01 PM
    Does the receiver have wifi built in, cause I'm in the same boat with no home phone and I don't understand how I would connect it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 08:52 PM
    Does the receiver have wifi built in, cause I'm in the same boat with no home phone and I don't understand how I would connect it?

Does your pc or Mac have an eathernet connection? Do you have cable internet? Just hook it up.
    08-04-09 09:51 PM
    I'm personally waiting for the DISH Network V922 DVR. It has built in Slingbox. So i guess we would need a Sling app.
    08-04-09 09:52 PM
    Does your pc or Mac have an eathernet connection? Do you have cable internet? Just hook it up.
    So Just plug it in from my pc to the dvr.....do I need a cross over cable or just the standard one? Thanks for your help, was going to try that but thought it was to simple lol!
    08-04-09 10:04 PM
    So Just plug it in from my pc to the dvr.....do I need a cross over cable or just the standard one? Thanks for your help, was going to try that but thought it was to simple lol!

Well ,do you have a broadband modem/router? My DSL router has like 5 eathernet connections. Just connect it from the modem to the DVR.
    08-04-09 11:01 PM
    The phone line does not work for that at all... I must be a ethernet cable straight to ur dvr from ur modem..... Also try accessing the site from ur native browser...

08-05-09 10:32 AM
    i wish they'd make a wireless connector....my DVR receiver is on the complete opposite side of my house where I could connect it.
    08-05-09 10:41 AM
    i wish they'd make a wireless connector....my DVR receiver is on the complete opposite side of my house where I could connect it.
    Ya mine is in the basement and the recever is up stairs, thanks everone for your help!
    08-05-09 12:00 PM
    i have my dish tv receiver hooked up to the internet thru a network cable.
    I have the VIP612 receiver, do i need a sling box to watch recordings on it?
    also will it work with the storm?
    08-17-09 05:41 PM
    Ya mine is in the basement and the recever is up stairs, thanks everone for your help!
    I actually used a wireless game adapter (supposed to be for XBox). Really easy to hook up, just follow the adapter set-up instructions, i use the Infrastructure setting. Once you have it connected to a wireless network, plug it into the DVR and go into the broadband settings and connect to the internet.

I am having issues logging into my Dish Network account on my phone though. I've tried the BB browser and Bolt, neither of them display the log-in boxes...any suggestions??
    10-04-09 10:19 PM
    if you have a wireless network at home, you can buy a linksys duel band N game adaptor. you can use that and if you go online you can find refurbished ones for about 65 bucks...

I just got mine installed yesterday I also have my blue ray player hooked up to it so I can watch netfix on it and utube.

01-07-10 11:08 PM
    Connection of Blackberry to DISH Receiver phone jackas land line replacement?

I have an RV with NEW Wineguard Mobile Sat dish on top that supports HD/DISH. No internet on board other than thru Blackberry Edge. Getting a DISH VIP VDR/HD Receiver, Solo 611, or 612 or 722 or a 922...

To get pay per view and etc you need a land line with caller ID. In fact DISH says its a requirement for all their recivers, although I have had several on my other RV and boat in the past with no Land Line.

Is there a way to connect the Blackberry Edge I have to my DISH receiver's phone jack so it thinks its a Land line with caller ID.

This seems like a very basic need for everyone with an RV!

Regards
    06-20-10 05:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD