Pull the battery out of the Storm if you have not done so already. Then put that sucker in a big bag of uncooked rice which will draw out the moisture. Wait 24 to 48 hours, and the phone MIGHT just work ok.
    This really works. My nieces and nephews are constantly doing this with their phones, and then recently, I dropped my XMp3 into a lake and the thing was fried. To compound it further, I kept trying to power up, which it did but then shut down for good. After hearing about the rice trick, I pulled the battery and placed the battery and the device into the rice and let it sit for 24 hours.

Thing works perfectly now. It's something about rice being able to absorb all the water or something.
    05-28-09 09:56 AM
    I thought the Storm OS was in Java already, so why would this cause a problem?

I know, stupid pun, and not helpful.

GROOOOOOOOAN.
    05-28-09 09:57 AM
    i did this once with a lg flipphone. it never came back....
    05-28-09 09:59 AM
    I thought the Storm OS was in Java already, so why would this cause a problem?

I know, stupid pun, and not helpful.
    I know I got a good chuckle from it.
    05-28-09 10:07 AM
    Thankfully, I drink my coffee black.....
    Do not be too grateful, the acid in coffee is notoriously bad for tape media. I am not sure about electronics but I know that when my IPOD took a swim in my black coffee it died hard. It ended up there in a car wreck.
    05-28-09 10:08 AM
    yeah, I think I need a sippy-cup from now on.....
    05-28-09 10:09 AM
    Add creamer, sweet n low and call it good.
    05-28-09 10:11 AM
    yeah, I think I need a sippy-cup from now on.....
    That's awesome. I think RIM would have a heck of a marketing product if they sold black sippy-cups with their logo on them. I think everyone would understand the ploy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 10:14 AM
    LOL....about 5 years ago I dropped my old crappy cell phone in a mug of beer. Coffee is one thing, but is it uncool to drink beer from a sippy cup?
    05-28-09 10:17 AM
    LOL....about 5 years ago I dropped my old crappy cell phone in a mug of beer. Coffee is one thing, but is it uncool to drink beer from a sippy cup?
    That's why "real" beer steins have the thumb operated tops on them.

05-28-09 10:24 AM
    That's why "real" beer steins have the thumb operated tops on them.

That's true! NICE!!!
    05-28-09 10:30 AM
    If pay $5.99 for insurance Asurion will replace the phone and up to $250 in accessories. So they will replace the 8gb memory card as long as you tell them upfront when you firest report the phone to them. But its only for the $5.99 plan for insurance.
    05-28-09 10:34 AM
    I have a niece that works at VZW and she replaces phones that have insurance all the time that were dropped in water. Actually she says the toilet is the most common. That is what the insurance is for. There is a $50 copay unless you opped for the better coverage for $1 a month more. That gives you 2 years with no deductable. My track ball went bad on my 8830WE after about 19 months. The phone was replaced at no charge. I then upgraded a week later to the Storm and gave the 8830WE to my oldest daughter who could not afford to buy a BB at the time and commit to a contract. She had it activated to replace a current verizon phone. She got a new (refurb) free all because of my insurance.
    Insurance always has a $50 copay for replacing lost/stolen/damage items. The $5.99 insurance always include an additional 1 year warranty on a device. So you get the standard manufacture warranty and another 1 year from manfacture warranty. You don�t pay for warranty replacements, unless the phone damage is consider user error and stores can exchange it for $50.00 or if it�s out of warranty
    05-28-09 10:40 AM
    yeah i just have the $4.99 plan. thanks for the info tho.
    05-28-09 10:41 AM
    Do not be too grateful, the acid in coffee is notoriously bad for tape media. I am not sure about electronics but I know that when my IPOD took a swim in my black coffee it died hard. It ended up there in a car wreck.
    Car Wreck + Coffee + iPod = iPod in Coffee + Wreck?
    Its a science equation too!
    Cw = Car Wreck
    C = Coffee
    i = iPod

Cw + 10C (10 coffee particles?)+ i -> 2Cw (2 cars required for a wreck) + C10i.

.... and I could go on and on.... must I say though, what a bad shot for a car wreck. Hope it was all okay though
    05-28-09 12:11 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD