So I need to vent.....I place an order with telesales last tuesday. He promised me sat delivery. I got an order number and even spoke to him yesterday. He just called me now after I tracked him down and told me verizon lied about their stock and now I wont receive it till Dec. 5. No other explanation. Not sure how DuLac guys got their orders and I'm stuck. I added on a line and everything that goes with it. Meanwhile some people who ordered today already got tracking numbers. Go figure.
    11-21-08 06:38 PM
    I am in the same boat. This is my first BB and I was so excited to get it tomorrow... until my rep called and gave me that wonderful piece of bad news... won't get it til the 5th. He did mention that I may get it before then, but no guarantees. Anyone have any info for us poor people who didn't get our Storms?
    11-21-08 06:57 PM
    I know that you guys are frustrated but I urge you not to be disappointed in Verizon Please. Once you finally do get the Storm you will be pleased with it and all will be well. Its very hard waiting for someone but keep in mind this device is the first one that they have gotten that comes close to the iPhone. You will not be sorry you waited. There was software update issues getting the devices out the door I hope this helps. I know everyone is anxious to get one.
    11-21-08 07:01 PM
    you will be pleased when you get it. Everyone is so mad because they didnt get it first. Be patient one time. So funny how were in this bad economy and there's people taking off work to wait in line to buy this phone. REALLY????!!!! Taking a full day off just to buy a phone because you cant wait 1 or 2 more days. And we wonder why were in this situation with this economy. The phone is awesome, dont be mad because your not the first one to get it. I will have mine Monday, and i'm not crying. People are also ******** about how the floor models were slow. Ok understand that they were being played with all day by hundreds of people and people werent exiting out of the programs currently.

So basically everyone needs to calm down and take a chill pill!
    11-21-08 07:18 PM
    Verizon can kiss my A$$ it B.S. That I can not just upgrade my phone and extend for 2 years at a decent price supposedly I'm a VIP pay my bills everytime on-time this day and age I can go anywhere and give my money to anyone. But the verizon service is top notch so its tit for tat just my 2 cents

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 07:35 PM
    **** happens.
    11-21-08 07:45 PM
    So I need to vent.....I place an order with telesales last tuesday. He promised me sat delivery. I got an order number and even spoke to him yesterday. He just called me now after I tracked him down and told me verizon lied about their stock and now I wont receive it till Dec. 5. No other explanation. Not sure how DuLac guys got their orders and I'm stuck. I added on a line and everything that goes with it. Meanwhile some people who ordered today already got tracking numbers. Go figure.
    Well, we were SUPPOSED to get it from DuLac, but he said he lost all of his information on his computer, apparently posted threads looking for information that he had already gotten (not checking his PM's, which aren't saved to his computer), and now, too little too late, we aren't getting a Storm, when we were third on his list to order originally. Wait until December 5th?? Ha! He said something about giving us a credit, but then never responded to any more messages (I'm sure he's busy, but was quick before) answering my questions. I know it's crazy with Verizon and all, but I think that this could have been avoided, so I'm none too pleased. Especially since I'm dealing with an angry spouse on my end, when I talked this up, telling him what a great deal this would be, and we could avoid lines and all...

So, in other words, unhappy customers on this end as well...
    11-21-08 07:53 PM
    They didn't expect the volume cut them some slack............
    11-21-08 07:56 PM
    didn't expect the volume???? on a "revolutionary" phone that was hyped up soo much???

A blind man could have seen that comming!!!
    11-21-08 08:00 PM
    yes sirrrrrr^^^^^^^^^^^^not vzw fault.......they are not responsible
    11-21-08 08:06 PM
    yes sirrrrrr^^^^^^^^^^^^not vzw fault.......they are not responsible
    It is their fault don't get me wrong. But hey blame upper mgt; thats who dropped the ball. Not your plebian tele sales rep.
    Hey if I were in charge of marketing sales whatever. I would make sure I had ample staff; ample supply; etc. The brass screwed up not the foot soldier.
    Thats all I'm saying.
    11-21-08 08:13 PM
    didn't expect the volume???? on a "revolutionary" phone that was hyped up soo much???

A blind man could have seen that comming!!!
    Dude obviously the didn't downed systems. Not enough staff to handle calls.
    How many times have u called VZW and and got a recording; your wait time is.
    No Xmas bonus for mgt..........
    Bottom line they blew it......
    Geesh don't tell me they couldn't jave avoided slow response on their systems.
    You're a communications company...................
    Everybody and their mama should have been taking calls.
    They should have been offering overtime like it was going outa style.
    11-21-08 08:16 PM
    i'm in the same boat, ordered early through telesales for sat delivery, now told it will be dec 5. the part that really sucks, i drove by my local corporate store this morning at 7:45, they were opening at 8, and only 2 people in line. I could have gotten it this morning. oh well
    11-21-08 08:19 PM
    Well, we were SUPPOSED to get it from DuLac, but he said he lost all of his information on his computer, apparently posted threads looking for information that he had already gotten (not checking his PM's, which aren't saved to his computer), and now, too little too late, we aren't getting a Storm, when we were third on his list to order originally. Wait until December 5th?? Ha! He said something about giving us a credit, but then never responded to any more messages (I'm sure he's busy, but was quick before) answering my questions. I know it's crazy with Verizon and all, but I think that this could have been avoided, so I'm none too pleased. Especially since I'm dealing with an angry spouse on my end, when I talked this up, telling him what a great deal this would be, and we could avoid lines and all...

So, in other words, unhappy customers on this end as well...
    Tmadsen,
    If you ask the people on this board, I'm sure they will confirm the volume of orders and questions that were sent to me. During this process, we had computer files deleted during an update, systems crash entirely on release day, and massive shortages (employees won't get ours until after Christmas). I made multiple posts on this site explaining the problem with the software update and stated that if you placed an order with me but did not get an order number that you should PM immediately to get your order confirmed. I know that not everyone lives on this board but since I have no other way of communicating with Crackberry.com users, that was my only option.

I am relying on a lot of other people in a lot of other departments to get these phone in everyone's hands. (Knock wood) the people on the list will get their phones as planned today. They represent HALF OF EVERYBODY that got Saturday delivery for the Storm. I don't think anyone on this board knows the work that went behind getting that done.

If you are mad, I'm sorry. If your spouse is mad, I'm sorry. I did what I could to make it up to you during the ten minute window that the computers actually worked yesterday and asked you for info to get your order in. I coordinated with the warehouse to pull a phone for you. When your reply did not contain the info that I requested, they had to move on.

Again, I'm sorry but I did everything I possibly could for you.
    11-22-08 06:11 AM
    I live in the second largest city in Michigan, Verizon's largest store only had 25 in stock Friday AM and another only 20, seems like quite a smaller number for release day
    11-22-08 06:28 AM
    It is their fault don't get me wrong. But hey blame upper mgt; thats who dropped the ball. Not your plebian tele sales rep.
    Hey if I were in charge of marketing sales whatever. I would make sure I had ample staff; ample supply; etc. The brass screwed up not the foot soldier.
    Thats all I'm saying.
    +2!!!!!!! Someone screwed up big up stairs. 3 week wait for a phone will be both a black eye and believe it or not a blessing in even more hype.
    11-22-08 07:15 AM
    Tmadsen,
    If you ask the people on this board, I'm sure they will confirm the volume of orders and questions that were sent to me. During this process, we had computer files deleted during an update, systems crash entirely on release day, and massive shortages (employees won't get ours until after Christmas). I made multiple posts on this site explaining the problem with the software update and stated that if you placed an order with me but did not get an order number that you should PM immediately to get your order confirmed. I know that not everyone lives on this board but since I have no other way of communicating with Crackberry.com users, that was my only option.

I am relying on a lot of other people in a lot of other departments to get these phone in everyone's hands. (Knock wood) the people on the list will get their phones as planned today. They represent HALF OF EVERYBODY that got Saturday delivery for the Storm. I don't think anyone on this board knows the work that went behind getting that done.

If you are mad, I'm sorry. If your spouse is mad, I'm sorry. I did what I could to make it up to you during the ten minute window that the computers actually worked yesterday and asked you for info to get your order in. I coordinated with the warehouse to pull a phone for you. When your reply did not contain the info that I requested, they had to move on.

Again, I'm sorry but I did everything I possibly could for you.
    No good deed goes unpunished. I can confirm your post and how bad VZW's computers have been. You did the best that you could do with the cards you were dealt.

That being said go up stairs a kick some manager in the **** and ask them what the **** happened.
    11-22-08 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD