I've been running the latest 148 hybrid 5.0.0.93 from lyricidal (thanks for your tireless effort) and encountered a quick battery drain as well as more memory loss that I thought I should be getting (starting at around 46 and dropped to 30 or so). After disabling bluetooth when I'm not using it the battery has been super strong and memory starts out around 46 and has only dropped to 40 or so after two days of trying this. I don't run a lot of 3rd party apps and had a sneaky suspicion the bluetooth was the cause.
    05-25-09 03:17 PM
    I can't imagine a time my phone isn't connected to a bluetooth. I suppose when I'm sleeping and the headset is charging.
    05-25-09 03:20 PM
    Im sure the bluetooth would drain the battery faster even when its on but not used. I never use mine very much so I wouldn't know exactly how bad it could be.
    05-25-09 03:20 PM
    I agree, I use my bluetooth a fair amount but I also have other times when I don't need it. So turning it off helps my battery and memory. Of course that wouldn't work for everyone.
    05-25-09 03:48 PM
    That kind of seems obvious to me. Why would anyone think any differently? (I'm not criticizing, just seems logical). I apologize in advance if this seems like a negative post as that's not my intention.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 04:13 PM
    That kind of seems obvious to me. Why would anyone think any differently? (I'm not criticizing, just seems logical). I apologize in advance if this seems like a negative post as that's not my intention.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i was thinking the same thing actually....that would be at the top of the list to save battery
    05-25-09 04:27 PM
    i have not noticed this but will try it out since I only use blueT in my car, so only 10-15% of the day...we shall see
    05-25-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD