My Storm 2 started to act up today. When I swipe the screen it will select text to be copied. It also seems to be having issues with scrolling and selecting the proper icons when touched ie touch one icon another lights up. this issue is intermittent.
    Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix (other than Droid hehe). I have searched the forum and have not had much luck.

Thanks in advance.
    10-14-10 04:30 PM
    I would try reinstalling the OS and if that doesn't do the trick take it back, as you should still be under warranty.
    10-14-10 04:44 PM
    Dumb question maybe, but did you try resetting it? Then I would move on to reinstalling the software and go from there.
    10-14-10 04:52 PM
    Further to this I was using a .713/.962 hybrid and decided to wipe the phone clean (after backing up apps/etc) and then installed .517. This did seem to help somewhat but it's still having problems mostly to do with swiping! The rest of the phone seems to opperate fine.
    10-14-10 05:08 PM
    Return it while you still can.
    10-14-10 05:12 PM
    Further to this I was using a .713/.962 hybrid and decided to wipe the phone clean (after backing up apps/etc) and then installed .517. This did seem to help somewhat but it's still having problems mostly to do with swiping! The rest of the phone seems to opperate fine.
    If resetting doesn't fix the problem and reloading software doesn't have any effect, then I'd mosey on over to my nearest technical Verizon store and explain that you have a touch screen phone that has a malfunctioning screen - nobody anywhere has a S2 that's out of warranty yet so they should swap it out.
    Last edited by genomos; 10-14-10 at 07:53 PM.
    10-14-10 07:51 PM
    Digital,, you have a private message.
    10-18-10 09:39 AM
    Dave, One more time in the pm please.
    10-21-10 08:49 AM
    Further to this issue with Telus on their recommendation I returned the phone to one of the Telus dealers and for 28 bucks they sent it somewhere to have it repaired. I came back formated with the latest (robot voice) .713 and with the same digitizer issue.
    Back in for the second time and was returned with clear plastic films over the top and bottom plastic and screen. Funny the sales rep mentioned that it was probably put on to make me feel better. Well he was right cause the inept repair facility was not able to fix the issue and in fact it came back worse. Now I'm unable to even type on it without it typing different letters than pressed. They did tighten the screen some and it no longer slopes to the left but you would have to be blind and or stupid if you were not able to recreate the issue I have been having.
    So yesterday after a 2 hour call to telus I have been asked to bring it back a third time as "that seems to be the charm" and have added, by Telus request, to the work order that I will not except the same phone back and that under the warranty I want a new phone. Can't wait to see what happens. I'm not holding my breath.
    The best Telus said they could do if I wanted to change phones was to offer the promotional pricing. Big WHOOP.
    Last edited by Digital Dave; 11-12-10 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
    11-12-10 03:00 PM
    I have the same problems too. Whenever I want to swipe to scroll on the phone, it ends up copying text, which I don't want and when I type, other keys are being press instead. I don't have warranty for my phone because I got it unlock for t-mobile
    11-15-10 10:10 AM
    My preference would be to install a new LCD and Digitizer if it were not for my warranty.
    11-15-10 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD