06-02-09 11:32 PM
36 12
tools
    Here's the only important question. If you were to take the phone in for support would they know if you had the leaked version and therefore be less willing to help as compared to the official?
    If you have a leaked OS, they can deny service until it has an official OS. Given that the latest avaialable leaked OS and official OS are both .148 (i.e., the exact same OS), this should not be a problem.

Note, however, that each time you load a leaked OS, a special code is written to the framis modulator on the Storm's ciruit board. If you take your phone to a store with a flux capacitor they will be able to read the modulator and determine your history of installed OS's. Fair warning.
    06-01-09 06:22 AM
    funny Guy ! you made me DEATH for laughing ....
    totally I agreed with you there are whole differents between them..
    nice guy..........
    so go ahead and let us know what the differences are then!
    06-01-09 10:01 AM
    the difference is that one came from me and the other came from verizon
    hey don!

thought you were hiding...

*coughliarcough*
    06-01-09 11:55 AM
    hey don!

thought you were hiding...

*coughliarcough*
    thats a horrible cough youve got there, would you like some halls cough drops?
    06-01-09 10:17 PM
    after reading many threads on this topic, if you got the alpha .148 it will be differant, if you got the beta like most of us it is NOT differant, two files are, but it doesnt affect anything.
    06-02-09 05:27 PM
    after reading many threads on this topic, if you got the alpha .148 it will be differant, if you got the beta like most of us it is NOT differant, two files are, but it doesnt affect anything.
    There is no alpha, there is no difference, and there is no spoon. Good ******* greef... Please read my Version Numbers Explained... They wouldn't use the same number for different application versions.
    06-02-09 05:32 PM
    it seems so easy to understand...idk why this is so hard. once the code is assembled into files and compiled and named, that is that. there is no alpha or beta status with the OS builds...because once the file is named, it doesn't change.
    06-02-09 05:54 PM
    Maybe its just me but the keyboard layout on the official version is much better. The * and lot of the symbol are rearranged and simplified for better use. I like it a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 11:18 PM
    i need a *********** shotgun
    06-02-09 11:25 PM
    One of my friends whom has a storm, claims that the official runs smoother on his phone, i think he is nuts though.
    06-02-09 11:28 PM
    i need a *********** shotgun
    i get it after you!
    06-02-09 11:32 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD