This is a place for those of you that keep on saying that the .148 leak and the official .148 will be different, please go ahead and post what differences you have found between the two. Thanks

(this probably wont get any responses since the are exactly the same)
    Last edited by paulwright1; 06-01-09 at 12:11 AM.
    06-01-09 12:08 AM
    :sigh:

10Char
    06-01-09 12:09 AM
    :sigh:

10Char
    theres one response. I know its kind of annoying that I posted this but I felt the need. There are quite a few people on here that dont believe the leaked is the same as official so I figured I would give them a place to tell us what they find. Which will be nill
    06-01-09 12:13 AM
    There is one OBVIOUS difference in between the official .148 and the leak .148. and nobody has mentioned it. The official .148 is spelled T-H-E O-F-F-I-C-I-A-L .148 and the leaked .148 is spelled T-H-E L-E-A-K-E-D .148
    06-01-09 12:16 AM
    the vendor file lol
    06-01-09 12:17 AM
    There is one OBVIOUS difference in between the official .148 and the leak .148. and nobody has mentioned it. The official .148 is spelled T-H-E O-F-F-I-C-I-A-L .148 and the leaked .148 is spelled T-H-E L-E-A-K-E-D .148
    such an obvious difference, thanks for pointing it out.
    06-01-09 12:20 AM
    the vendor file lol
    Not true if your on verizon. I didnt delete the vendor file when I loaded the leak.
    06-01-09 12:23 AM
    I don't get what you people need to convince you that they're the same exact thing. Do you want the Jesus Christ official review? Get over it, they cannot be different. End of story. If they were different, it wouldn't be 148. Let this thread die.
    06-01-09 12:24 AM
    Lol this will only encourage further baffoonery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 12:24 AM
    I don't get what you people need to convince you that they're the same exact thing. Do you want the Jesus Christ official review? Get over it, they cannot be different. End of story. If they were different, it wouldn't be 148. Let this thread die.
    obviously you didnt read my post. Iam not one of those people that think they are different. I know they are the same but there have been a few people as of late saying that when they get the official they will post what they find the differences to be, which they wont find anything different. So how about we let your post die. Read the post next time before you respond please.
    06-01-09 12:29 AM

Im not trying to encourage anything like that. Im trying to start a serious thread so the ones that believe they are different can post what they find, and thats all I promise
    06-01-09 12:31 AM
    I actually heard that someone from the Tech support dept (supervisor I believe) says that VZW made some changes to the official as they found some issues, which they fixed.

I'm sure it is not true at all
    06-01-09 12:37 AM
    I actually heard that someone from the Tech support dept (supervisor I believe) says that VZW made some changes to the official as they found some issues, which they fixed.

I'm sure it is not true at all
    VZW cannot change anything in the OS, only RIM can make changes to it
    06-01-09 12:42 AM
    Actually there is one difference I'd like to see, though I don't believe I will: Having the official as a multilanguage OS, instead of the AMEA we got as a leak. It's really annoying how they cripple language options and don't even offer some download service for additional languages.
    06-01-09 12:46 AM
    Actually there is one difference I'd like to see, though I don't believe I will: Having the official as a multilanguage OS, instead of the AMEA we got as a leak. It's really annoying how they cripple language options and don't even offer some download service for additional languages.
    Yes, I agree. You should be able to download additional languages.
    06-01-09 01:00 AM
    the difference is that one came from me and the other came from verizon
    06-01-09 01:01 AM
    In which case the version number would be changed. I say we give this up...though this forum may skew toward technical-mindedness, this country is one in which over 90% of respondents affirm a belief in God; half allowed this to cloud their judgement to such an extent that they voted Bush into the White House--twice! This is a nation that clings to its superstitions quite ferociously; at least in this case, failing to disavow our fellow citizens of their ignorance only costs us a handful of bandwidth.

Last edited by patronanejo; 06-01-09 at 01:11 AM.
    06-01-09 01:03 AM
    Yeah that is what I told the person, VZW doesn't get the source code to be able to make the changes.

I posted it because it was funny that a sup. at Tech support talking about it like if he knew what he was talking about
    06-01-09 01:09 AM

yes we know and we appreciate it very much, at least I do. Thanks for all the info you provide and the leaks. We look forward to that highly anticipated 5.0 leak from you
    06-01-09 01:12 AM
    dropped 148...back into hiding
    hey I just noticed that. Come on now dont hold back on us, you cant go into hiding without something new to play around with.
    06-01-09 01:15 AM
    Speaking of God...

06-01-09 01:19 AM
    Here's the only important question. If you were to take the phone in for support would they know if you had the leaked version and therefore be less willing to help as compared to the official?
    06-01-09 01:50 AM

and bad spelling
    06-01-09 02:01 AM
    funny Guy ! you made me DEATH for laughing ....
    totally I agreed with you there are whole differents between them..
    nice guy..........
    06-01-09 02:28 AM
    Here's the only important question. If you were to take the phone in for support would they know if you had the leaked version and therefore be less willing to help as compared to the official?
    Aaargh...there is no leaked version or official version. There is only v4.7.0.148. While it is conceivable that they could determine whether you installed it before you were supposed to have gotten hold of it....put it this way: if (for whatever reason) you were to update your 9530 from a leaked file today, even the friggin FBI would need to examine your PC to know the difference. And questions that have been answered several times aren't what those with opposable thumbs call "important".
    Last edited by patronanejo; 06-01-09 at 03:02 AM.
    06-01-09 02:30 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD