View Poll Results: Did You Upgrade to the Leaked .83?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

83 60.58%
  • Yes, but I am going to downgrade soon

10 7.30%
  • No, not until official version comes out

38 27.74%
  • No, because i haven't done it yet/still thinking about it

6 4.38%
    J/w Who installed the new OS
    12-21-08 07:15 PM
    I had Santa install it for me.
    12-21-08 07:18 PM
    I did twice and quickly went back to 75!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 07:19 PM
    I installed it. But I wouldnt do it again. From now on Ill wait for the official releases.

Its running ok for me, seems pretty stable, my video recorder problem was fixed, and you have to press the unlock button on the top to unlock it, this is better, less likely to dial 911 in my pocket.

One problem Ive noticed is that the voice recorder now does not know where its files are saved, if I go to voice record, view files, nothing shows up, even though I can explore/browse to them, and they do exist. Theyve also apparently changed the file structure on the sd card, no big deal, but something you should be aware of.

But my concerns are 1) if I have a problem Im sure itll be harder to get BB tech support to help me 2) will I have any left over beta code, once the new official patch is released? and 3) I had to restore everything, all data was wiped, and all config/folder/security stuff had to be manually done again, after I had spent an hour setting this up for .75. DM also had trouble recognizing my storm once it was upgraded, I had to mess with that for another hour to get it working.

Overall, it seems stable, but not worth the hours it took to get it done, and fix these problems.

good luck..........
    12-21-08 07:25 PM
    I did. Seems fine. Better, in general, so I'm staying with it.
    12-21-08 07:26 PM
    i've installed every single update that has become available. wiped my phone with each one and have never had a problem with any of it
    12-21-08 07:26 PM
    Installed it, but just few too many quirks for me. Quirks, not bugs. Bugs mean it breaks, quirks are things you can work around.

Wiped and went back to .75 Minor quirks there like the camera
    12-21-08 07:54 PM
    Leaked version is not a beta. It's the same as what you'll get when Verizon releases it.

12-21-08 08:07 PM
    The install went fine for me. Only took about 30 minutes. Everything seems a bit snappier.....even the camera.
    12-21-08 08:10 PM
    I installed it and it is working fine for me.
    12-21-08 08:12 PM
    History

-Ordered phone on Nov 21st
    -Phone arived
    -I was un happy with the OS
    -I quickly installed the leaked .75 (WITH ZERO ISSUES)
    -I never installed the official .75
    -I found .83 the day after the thread came out
    -I installed it ( WITH ZERO ISSUES)
    -I am sooo much more happy with my OS

If the official is released soon, I wont install it. If it comes out in a while, I will try it.

IMHO- .83 is ATLEAST what the phone should have been released with on nov 21st. If you dont have it, I would say get it and " Be Happy Today" I just cant help but think that there are SOO many storm users out there running .75 ( let alone some that are too stupid and still running .65) I hope all our complaints are what prompted such snappy results A+ RIM..... I wonder what .101 wil bring?
    Last edited by AUTO X; 12-21-08 at 08:23 PM.
    12-21-08 08:15 PM
    I had Santa install it for me.
    I'm dyslexic so I had Satan install mine
    12-21-08 08:21 PM
    I did had few issues but nothin a few battery pulls didn't fix.
    The vzw / media card thing and a random white screen app error last night

12-21-08 08:25 PM
    History

-Ordered phone on Nov 21st
    -Phone arived
    -I was un happy with the OS
    -I quickly installed the leaked .75 (WITH ZERO ISSUES)
    -I never installed the official .75
    -I found .83 the day after the thread came out
    -I installed it ( WITH ZERO ISSUES)
    -I am sooo much more happy with my OS

If the official is released soon, I wont install it. If it comes out in a while, I will try it.

IMHO- .83 is ATLEAST what the phone should have been released with on nov 21st. If you dont have it, I would say get it and " Be Happy Today" I just cant help but think that there are SOO many storm users out there running .75 ( let alone some that are too stupid and still running .65) I hope all our complaints are what prompted such snappy results A+ RIM..... I wonder what .101 wil bring?
    Same here. No problems from the OS updates and both have been the leaked versions. :
    12-21-08 08:43 PM
    the only official OS I've had on it was .65 when it was shipped. I had the leaked .75, then I used bell's .76 and now .83. Did clean whipe on every install and my storm has never ran better. I have zero issues
    12-21-08 09:20 PM
    Any news as to when Telus/Bell will have .83 as an official release?
    12-21-08 09:28 PM
    I don't understand why people think that .75 can be better than .83, I really don't think it is possible, this is an OS upgrade, not like a new trial. If that is the case than your device is buggy and you need to get a replacement!
    12-21-08 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD