How many of you think VZW RIM sabotaged this OS not to work with Oprea Broswer so that we wilkl use "BING" and the default BB Browser?
    04-06-10 06:41 PM
    If Oprea does push out a fix to this sabotaged, I hope they also add an otto-spell-chek feature to there broswer...
    04-06-10 06:42 PM
    Native browser is garbage on my phone in comparison to opera. I prefer the opera interface anyway. The touch is nicer than the click at times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 07:06 PM
    go to settings and make sure full screen is enabled. It's half screen by default I believe when you upgrade.
    04-06-10 07:26 PM
    How many of you think VZW RIM sabotaged this OS not to work with Oprea Broswer so that we wilkl use "BING" and the default BB Browser?
    Yep! And talkin' to aliens too!
    04-06-10 08:15 PM
    I love it when one person has a problem, they jump on this forum and claim this or that doesn't work and assume that everyone else is experiancing the same thing. My Opera works fine, no change.

but they care enough to change google to bing
    What does that have to do with anything?
    Last edited by jbdale; 04-06-10 at 08:33 PM.
    04-06-10 08:31 PM
    Don't think its Verizon but I'm one of the ones that Opera isn't working. It's messes up in landscape mode and have to switch to portait and back again..
    04-06-10 08:40 PM
    I always enjoy the idea that a company is SO GOOD at programming that they create intentional "bugs" to make the software appear to fail, when in reality it is doing something nefarious....

Occam's razor, my friend...
    04-06-10 08:51 PM
    go to settings and make sure full screen is enabled. It's half screen by default I believe when you upgrade.
    That doesn't do jack squat. I already checked my settings and yes the default had full screen as off but I switched it on before I even realized that my opera mini had the keyboard bug. Its not so bad off bug that I can't use opera mini, just an annoying quirk. What I can't understand (just like countless others) is how come only some people are experiencing this bug. What did the ones who have a "perfect" o/s do differently? Or is it just such a high tolerance to minor bugs that they ALL report a perfect o/s?

04-07-10 12:30 AM
    Yes, it's a giant conspiracy to get the Geeker...
    04-07-10 12:54 AM
    FTR, this has nothing to do with either companies, the half screen bug your talking about, I had when I first reinstalled Opera, but somehow has corrected itself and would be a third party issue, not carrier or mfg.

Second, that BING is the only search option, was a "deal" between VZW and Microsoft, not RIM. Find someone with a Storm 1 or 2 on a different carrier and you will find they still have the other search options.

Do you even "RESEARCH" before you come out here babbling about things you know nothing of?

I'm telling you people, for those that remember, this has "CPUGEEK's" style written all over it, even if he's not, it sure could be his twin. Same redudant threads and posts without any research.
    04-07-10 06:13 AM
    I'm telling you people, for those that remember, this has "CPUGEEK's" style written all over it, even if he's not, it sure could be his twin. Same redudant threads and posts without any research.
    I was thinking the same exact thing. Its CPUGEEK style for sure. Pointless.

04-07-10 06:38 AM
    I was thinking the same exact thing. Its CPUGEEK style for sure. Pointless.

Oh God, he's been reincarnated. lol

God Help Us All......
    04-07-10 06:44 AM
    troll much?
    04-07-10 06:47 AM
    troll much?
    Well considering I gave input to the OP, I guess the same could be asked of you.
    04-07-10 07:19 AM
    Well considering I gave input to the OP, I guess the same could be asked of you.
    oh come on now, we all know big businesses don't do things like this on purpose...
    04-07-10 07:31 AM
    oh come on now, we all know big businesses don't do things like this on purpose...
    ONLY in a perfect world, my friend.
    04-07-10 07:34 AM
    I compared the hash of opera before and after the install and they are different!.. so there is a change from preinstall to the install. I also noticed the crackberry announcement that .607 was available at 6pm..however the ota update was available at 5:30pm...That is way more than enough time to sabotage and repackage. I've sent my findings to the FCC. If something should happen to me between now and then..remember..you are the resistance.
    04-07-10 07:54 AM
    I don't use Opera any more but the Rim browser is blazing ...
    04-07-10 08:51 AM
    I compared the hash of opera before and after the install and they are different!.. so there is a change from preinstall to the install. I also noticed the crackberry announcement that .607 was available at 6pm..however the ota update was available at 5:30pm...That is way more than enough time to sabotage and repackage. I've sent my findings to the FCC. If something should happen to me between now and then..remember..you are the resistance.

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or being serious.
    04-07-10 09:07 AM
    Can't tell if this is sarcasm or being serious.
    Sarcasm. He was referring to the OP post about the leak and official "hash" being different in the naming convention
    04-07-10 10:53 AM
    This is ridiculous. Its a glitch. It works fine otherwise. In fact I am using it now. As for bing, they just happened to be the highest bidder.

04-07-10 10:59 AM
    THAT was his name! I was totally trying to remember who this reminds me of... Cpugeek4u!
    04-07-10 11:51 AM
    The final version of Opera Mini 5 isn't working for me - lots of bugs and a few apparent "feature" changes that I don't like.

Anyone still have a beta version they could share?
    04-07-10 12:37 PM
    Worked for me/Make sure your permissions is set to allow for all
    Last edited by BLACKBERRYGEEKER; 04-07-10 at 04:00 PM.
    04-07-10 03:58 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD