Holy Crap, Batman!!!! I just heard on the news that they caught another Al-Quaida leader in Afghanistan. When they searched him, they found Top Secret documents that detail the VZW conspiracy against Opera!!!!
    04-07-10 04:27 PM
    THAT was his name! I was totally trying to remember who this reminds me of... Cpugeek4u!
    Yeah, and take note he's not denying or questioning either, mighty suspicious.

That's ok, at the rate he's goin, he won't be here long either.
    04-07-10 04:29 PM
    The native browser doesn't seem to be all that faster for me personally. I do have a couple of quirks with Opera however, but ill still use it as its not like its not functional.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 05:35 PM
    UI rendering issue nothing more, nothing less.
    04-07-10 05:55 PM
    Although the OP sounds like a conspiracy theorists, I think its weird that Opera 5 worked perfectly fine when I had .320 but it is now only rendering half pages when I have .607. Can someone explain this to me?

Some people posted that after the .607 update that the native browser. I haven't seen this at all and it still seems painfully slow to me.

Is going to Bolt worth a try?
    04-08-10 07:37 PM
    Unfortunately, that seems to be more the norm than the abnorm. New OS, some things fixed, some things move backward. Bluetooth on .607 now sucks...volume is painfully low and fuzzy, but Voice Dialing works better...go figure. Volume was fine on .320. Two steps forward, one step backward. I've read the posts that state the native browser is now "blistering fast." Yeah? Well, it MAY be a wee bit faster, but "blistering?" Hardly! As for Bolt, tried it, deleted it, tried it again, deleted it again. Don't care for it at all.

Although the OP sounds like a conspiracy theorists, I think its weird that Opera 5 worked perfectly fine when I had .320 but it is now only rendering half pages when I have .607. Can someone explain this to me?

Some people posted that after the .607 update that the native browser. I haven't seen this at all and it still seems painfully slow to me.

Is going to Bolt worth a try?
    04-08-10 10:26 PM
    I too, tried Bolt (three times) and found it to be faster than the BB browser, but I wasn't crazy about the interface. I have found Opera to be MUCH faster, I like the tabbed browsing, and I'm working on figuring out the interface (for example; how do you replace the "start pages" with those of one's choosing?). The lack of "click" when choosing items on the UI was initially confusing but it was a steep learning curve.

I think it's mostly about personal preference: each browser has it's quirks and benefits. Try em all and dump the one(s) you don't like.
    04-10-10 08:56 AM
    I too, tried Bolt (three times) and found it to be faster than the BB browser, but I wasn't crazy about the interface. I have found Opera to be MUCH faster, I like the tabbed browsing, and I'm working on figuring out the interface (for example; how do you replace the "start pages" with those of one's choosing?). The lack of "click" when choosing items on the UI was initially confusing but it was a steep learning curve.

I think it's mostly about personal preference: each browser has it's quirks and benefits. Try em all and dump the one(s) you don't like.
    On your start page hold your finger over the box you want to edit. A list will come up that you can edit or clear. You can add from there from your history or manually punch in the URL. Love opera mini!

04-10-10 10:17 AM
    On your start page hold your finger over the box you want to edit. A list will come up that you can edit or clear. You can add from there from your history or manually punch in the URL. Love opera mini!

Perfect! Thanks Jay!

04-10-10 12:46 PM
    Opera stopped working after I installed 607. I'm gonna try and reinstall Opera again..see what happens.
    04-10-10 12:52 PM
    OP5 works good for me too, only small bug is what others have mentioned about losing/cutting half the screen while in landscape mode. Just turn it to portrait and return to landscape, that fixes it. It really doesn't happen that often. And the whole Bing issue is so god damn old, I just installed the Google search app on my home screen and thanks to the quicker BB browser I actually use it quit a bit for searches. It's actually less work to do it that way I believe.
    04-10-10 02:11 PM
    Yes, OP. it was a conspiracy against you. Just like the entire public school system was a conspiracy to prove how horrible your dyslexia is...

... "Oprea Broswer" indeed. Good day to you, sir.

I said GOOD DAY!
    04-10-10 02:14 PM
    Perfect! Thanks Jay!

No problem. Your welcome! :0)

04-10-10 07:48 PM
    I'm on .607 and my opera works fine
    Actually I'm on it at this moment added this comment.

04-10-10 09:18 PM
    I have the half screen issue also. An annoyance for sure.

04-27-10 05:25 AM
    ::facepalm::

+1 tenchars
    04-27-10 06:15 AM
    Good gravy, I had sorta hoped this thread died it's slow and painful death .
    04-27-10 01:01 PM
    Opera only messes up with me, after I type something, after I minimize the keyboard. The space left, where the keyboard WAS, is left blank. Just switching from landscape, to portrait, and then back to landscape resolves this issue temporarily, until I bring the keyboard back up, and again, try to minimize it.
    Kind of annoying, but nothing worth crying over. I'm sure a fix will come in the near future. And if it doesn't, who cares. OS 6 is coming soon with the new webkit browser, which also features "pinch to zoom". I'll probably dump Opera for the new browser in any case, lol.
    04-27-10 02:42 PM
    annoying... but not enough to stop using Opera... its still way faster than the native browser, and still better in general anyways. if only i could figure out how to make it the default browser for when i get directed to a download link in an email or something
    04-27-10 03:10 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD